Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropic_lover

I have no self-control...

So after oogling over Uk-hostman's pictures I went online and ordered myself a Lakeside Cindy Cee, Spartacus and Goodness Gracious. I wanted to get a few more but decided I had better stop at 3 new ones.

Can't wait to get them!

Seriously, I really have to stop buying plants! I just keep telling myself that but I never seem to listen. LOL

Linda ;)

Comments (18)

• taskmstrx
    10 years ago

I love my Goodness Gracious-good choice!

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Here's some reinforcement.

Lakeside Cindy Cee

Steve

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

None of us do.... ;-) We are a sorry bunch. Addicted, but I will not go for rehab. This is too much fun. Don't block the exits.

-Babka

• User
    10 years ago

.....and don't you worry, honey, you have plenty of opportunity for self control later on.....

:)

• sandyslopes z5 n. UT
    10 years ago

Out of those three I have Goodness Gracious and really like it. You enabled me to go get Ghostmaster today, lol. I also found a Wheee! Lakeside Cindy Cee looks lovely, but I'm running out of room. I have 12 new hosta I still need to find spots for. They are too addictive.

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

Self control? What's that?

You'll love Goodness Gracious. Not only is it pretty, it grows like a weed.

• User
    10 years ago

Goodness Gracious is everything that MadPlanter says it is. I have mine in a cluster of nice golds, all from Hallson. It is a joy to watch it.

Here it is with Purple Haze and Yesterday's Memories.

• sidney1515
    10 years ago

Self-control??. . We are supposed to have self-control??

Whoa Steve!. . . WOW! What a beauty!! You did that on purpose, didntcha? Lol

Sandy. . now here's an idea. . .Get your neighbors to go on a vacation. While their gone just move their fence over a couple feet. . .That ought to give you room for some more small hosta.. . .

Moc, I just got Goodness Gracious this year and going to get it in the ground this week-end. .at least that's the plan. Thanks for the good report on GG. Love your Purple Haze and Yesterday's Memories.

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ha Ha, yeah I know I won't stop buying them, who am I kidding? I am a plant addict and have been for a long time. Started out with perennials of any kind and then progressed to daylilies. Then on to tropical plants that I had to overwinter in the house and garage (still have some) and now its hostas and dahlias. Wonder what it will be next?

Steve, thanks for that wonderful picture. LS Cindy Cee is the one that I have been wanting after seeing Uk's pictures last year and when I saw it again this year I decided I wasn't going to wait any longer to get it. And of course I had to add a few others to my order.

I am glad to hear that everyone has good things to about Goodness Gracious too. Looks like a beauty to me!

Sandy, I was tempted to buy the Whee and the only Guardian Angel that they had at Valley but I decided I better only get 2 new ones. Although I have considered going back LOL. I also want to check out Willard Bay Gardens and see what they have there this year. Last year, I found some nice ones up there.

Don't worry, I won't block the exits! But I may be digging up more lawn. I can't dig it all up because I have 3 dogs that need somewhere to run around but I could probably get rid of a little more of it. :)

Linda

• Gesila
    10 years ago

LOL, who needs lawn? Look what I had done today:

Still have two more spots where the lawn is going to be history.

Gesila

• sandyslopes z5 n. UT
    10 years ago

"Sandy. . now here's an idea. . .Get your neighbors to go on a vacation. While their gone just move their fence over a couple feet. . .That ought to give you room for some more small hosta.. . ."

sidney1515, that's so funny you said that. Where I live we have no fences, and I've definitely gone over the property lines on both sides of me. With the steep hillsides, all the trees, and how my yard is situated, no one has complained yet. But we also let one of our neighbors garden on a hard to reach area on our property. Good thing we are all relaxed about it.

• timhensley
    10 years ago

Self control and lawns are way over rated.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Aaaack. Where did you find the Cindy Cee? I also searched after UK's pictures (addiction and obsession do not begin to explain my situation) and I couldn't find it at my usual sources. I need help...and by that I mean, please do continue the enabling! ;)

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cyn, Let me enable you LOL, I found it online at Land of the Giants. I have never ordered from them before so I hope they send nice plants. I checked several other sites and no one else had it for sale.

Gesila, Wow it looks like you will have a lot more planting room. Lucky You!

Linda

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

Last Fall I thought I had some self-control, but yesterday I looked at a label of a bluish young hosta : 'Midnight Sonata', did not remember it from last year. So I had sworn last Fall not to buy anymore, but then bought 4 from the Library Auction, 4 from Naylor Creek, 6 from Land of the Giants, and just drove to Glenbrook Farm and had another 4. All are doing very well, most are in pots for now, and I think I have spots for them after the heat and a little cleanup.

So last fall I did not see any more space in my 0.45 acres, then over the cold winter and spring I bought 18 more. Then I have 40 or so by now good size seedlings waiting all potted up. Luckily some of my hostas, especially a few of last years seedlings did not survive winter in the ground. But I will not dig any lawn up, is not good on my older back anyway!

One way out is to donate some hostas to the sale of your local hosta society- this is a plan!
    Bernd

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Ohohoh! Thank you Linda. Off to look/order! Thank you thank you thank you.

Cynthia, who will be feeling much better once she gets her newest fix. ;)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Well, now I do feel better. Ordered a Lakeside Cindy Cee, Goodness Gracious, and three others-Clovelly (mine disappeared), Clifford's Stingray (another disappearing act), and a Cathedral Windows.

Thanks for your support, Linda. I also have not ordered from them before, but if Bernd did and didn't have a complaint, that works for me! This will be my almost-end-of-school-year gift to myself. May have to treat myself again in 18 days when we are finished! ;)

Cynthia

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cynthia, You make me laugh! Glad I could enable you and help you spend more more on your addiction! Dang, I should have ordered Clovelly too!

Bernd, sounds like you have some planting to do! I only have 5 at the moment that I don't know where I am going to plant. I think I will plant the LS Cindy Cee in a pot though.

Linda