Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gesila_gw

Two Day Hosta Buying Binge

Gesila
9 years ago

I couldn't help myself. Here are the ones I got at the auction last night:

My DH missed out on buying Neptune at the auction, so we stopped by K Gardens to pick it up and came home with some extras:

I couldn't decide which Ice Age Trails to get so I bought both:

Gesila

Comments (12)

• mbug_gw
    9 years ago

Good for you!
    They all look vibrant

• w3csx
    9 years ago

Nice haul! I really like that Ice Age Trails.

Jason

• ConnieMay ON Z6a
    9 years ago

Wow - that's a great haul - I'm very jealous!

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    9 years ago

Love that Ice Age Trails, really good markings. You got some great plants at the auction, too.

• Gesila
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Green Gables is a Sum & Substance sport which my make collection of Sum & Substance family to at least 30, maybe more if I didn't loose a few over the winter.

The pictures of Imperial Palace & Korean Snow don't do them justice. I can't wait to get them in the ground.

Almost all of the ones I bought at the auction have excellent substance in the leaves and should be resistant to slugs.

I've been eyeing Savannah Supreme for a few years. This is the nicest one I've seen yet, so I finally broke down and got it. The leaves have poor substance and it's not very stable, however, it has been known to produce some variegated seedlings and the flowers are also fragrant.

Gesila

• bragu_DSM 5
    9 years ago

wonderful. Watch Nancy, she may be touchy in your zone. She is here ....

You will love korean snow. It is one of the first things up every year for me, a heartening sign that the rest can't be far behind ....

gotta love that swamp thing thing and ice age trails and ... all of them.

nice haul!

_~

dave b

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Gesila, you sure picked up some amazing hostas. I really like Spring Fling and Savanna Supreme. Ice Age Trails twins have beautifully coloured streaks too! That is some serious shopping! :-)

• hostahosta
    9 years ago

That is a splurge. Nice choices. I've been eyeing Spring Fling, very pretty and frilly. I bought a Wishing Well this year that is just about the size of yours. I've had Rosedale Golden Goose for a couple of years, Nice gold one. Here it is this year. Streaking on IAT is cool.

• donrawson
    9 years ago

Wow! I really missed out! Nice haul!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Ah, Gesila, we are kindred spirits! Love your choices. I need to get pics of some of my new ones, but all are mail order and soaking right now. Maybe if I get them planted tomorrow and Monday.

Yours are spectacular. Hope mine end up looking as good!

Cynthia

• hosta_freak
    9 years ago

Gorgeous hostas,Gesilas! Watch out for Korean Snow,however. It comes up very early,and is subject to freeze. Mine is only a shadow of its former self. I do have a streaked seedling of it,however,which shows promise. I wish we had a local nursery that had varieties like those. Our local nursery has 'all the usual suspects',if you get my drift. I have more varieties than they do! Good luck with your new babies! Phil

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Hostas goooood......

Don B.

P.S. Of course you bought both Ice Age Trails, saves you the stress of realizing you got the wrong one after you got home.