Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafwatcher

Unbelievable HOSTA Garden tour central Iowa !

leafwatcher
10 years ago

One of our members here invited me over today, all I can say is WOW !

There was even an area with some nice Hosta for sale, which I of course partook there of ! hahahha
She says she will be open again tomorrow 9am until 2pm.. If you are within driving distance you should go just for the tour, I will warn you though that there are so many of her own streaked seedlings growing around you will be amazed.

She is just on the North side of Red Rock lake in central Iowa, and I don't think she wanted me to post her address for the garden online.. however she said that if anyone sent me a message thru the Hosta site it would be ok to pass it along..
how about a few pictures to wet the appetite. Most of you didn't have any firm plans for tomorrow anyway ;)

there was so much to see I couldn't even take detail pictures ! I did see some stuff I had never even imagined ... one of my faves looked similar to A. Drinking Gourd with bright green streaking in the dark blue cups. I will not even be able to vaguely remember the names and bloodlines of the huge variety.

Anyhow if you want to go send me a message thru the system.. and I will do my best to get you there. I will be heading out for awhile but I am up late and will send out info later (night Owl) hahahhahahah..
hope some of you can get there... oh, and the bright yellow seedling of hers , Nice :)

Comments (11)