Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
False Positive HVX Hostas - Hosta 'Cynthia'

Posted by hostahillbilly Zone 4 (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 21:46

The HVX 'look' will be gone about a month after this here in USDA Zone 4, but it can spook people until then.

2012-05-20_12-29-10_433
Many have tested this many times. It seems to be A-OK, and is one of my faves for 'Hostas that are celebrated for changing their characteristics through the season'

Note to self, try to document Hosta 'Rascal' with regards seasonal change this year . . .

Happy Hostas,

hh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: False Positive HVX Hostas - Hosta 'Cynthia'

HH,

Do a full Elisa test at a local university. See if you get Cucumber Mosaic Virus like Buckeye did.

Steve

o
RE: False Positive HVX Hostas - Hosta 'Cynthia'

If you do test it as Steve suggests let us know how it tested. If it tests positive I would like to copy it to my virus file; if not, to my false virus symptoms file.

Since it seems to be so severely malformed on one leaf, it would create questions in my mind, as it must have been in yours to have had it tested so many times.

Les-

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here