Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

do you ever wish .....

you could laugh your belly off.. instead of your butt ...

as in rotflmbo ....

i mean really

ken

ps: hosta.. hosta.. hosta... see.. its topic related??

pps: i think i choose to not pollute my inbox with replies .. and clean the coffee off your screen .. lol

Here is a link that might be useful: for those of you.. acronym challenged

Comments (7)

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    9 years ago

OK, Ken's had too much of the hard stuff tonight, I think.

• User
    9 years ago

Well, you see, it is 9:14 here now (10:14 where you are, Ken). And you have the good fortune to have someone find your post, read it, and respond.

You might not know about it, because I know you did NOT check the little box at the bottom that asks so politely for GWeb to send any responses to you immediately. You are wondering who will catch the post, la la la la, isn't it grand to sleep peacefully tonight because you won't get wind of this until you grab your coffee in the morning, and no email of course, so you come and look down the list for responses, and no, hard to find, it is on PAGE TWO? One reply? Cannot be....but hard to find it every time you visit the forum. So.....you cut back to one visit a day. How many times are you coming back daily? Because of emails to you directly?

Ken, I think yours is Seinfeld humor. Or, no....make that BOROWITZ of the NYT.

• User
    9 years ago

Hey, Funn, I was typing mine while you posted yours.
    I think it is perfect satire, nope, not the hard stuff, although it can lead to clear thinking...you know, solve all the world's problems.

Like how to keep up with the replies to threads you "subscribe" to.
    If that's a lot, your inbox can be quickly "polluted." But you know that. Only, ....may I ask....do YOU check the box to have things emailed to you re threads you wish to follow? Or do you hunt for (and try to recall the name of a thread) the replies to your queries by going down the list? Remember that as the growing season picks up, there can be two and sometimes three pages for one day on the forum.

So to have this failure right here in the middle of the most exciting part of the growing season, it is frankly a disaster.
    I tend to over react, but it is a nagging thorn in the side. I am in the garden a lot these days, and I'm too dirty to come sit at my computer for brief moments during the day. I kept track of things with the emails coming to my box. Hope the outcome of this is good for the home team.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

You know, Ken, that is something I never even thought about...it just happens.

It really DID happen to me recently while at a restaurant discussing the menu with the waiter and he said "chocolate sashimi" and the chardonnay came right out my nose. A first for me, and the waiter said he had heard of that but never seen it first hand. I was terribly embarrassed at the time but now I am ROTFLMAO. No butts here.

-Babka

• esther_b
    9 years ago

Aha! Secret's out! Those aren't hostas Ken is growing, and he's smoking them.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

Give him some slack....he has a teenage daughter.

-Babka

• User
    9 years ago

Oh, I read Esther......and I was laughing hard..out loud too.
    Thank heaven I read the Babka reply so brief so terse so much like Babka's philosophy, ZEN, ....and a ZINGER.

CUT HIM SOME SLACK. HE HAS A TEENAGE DAUGHTER.

That one is on a par with

DON'T BLOCK THE EXIT.

Babka, there must be something in the air out there in California...you keep coming up with these TEE SHIRT WORTHY BUMPER STICKER WORTHY zingers.

Two in a row. First Esther, then Babka. Good

NOTE: To those who do not know or recall, Babka's husband said he did not mind more hosta, just DON'T BLOCK THE EXIT.