Houzz Logo Print
mbug_zone6

Had to take more...and two additions

mbug_gw
9 years ago

Blue Cadet overtaking August Moon....and some weeds coming through the bricks

Deep Blue Sea....the very last to come up and still unfurling

Paradise Glory....with some missing pieces ....but I still like her look

Regal Promanade....just gets better every day,,,,can't stop taking pictures of it
{{gwi:1011847}}
Tried a new framing effect on this one

....And June of course

I'll stop now!
Thanks for looking

Comments (6)

• milly35
    9 years ago

Mbug my my how lovely! I must admit your Regal Promanade is def my fav..I can see why it's your star.

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

Sooo pretty! I'm a sucker for June.

DD

• Gesila
    9 years ago

Oh my, that's the biggest clump of Blue Cadet I've ever seen! It's beautiful.

I have a few hostas that have the same pieces missing. I wonder what caused that? I don't remember seeing it so much in previous years, unless, of course, a pesky rabbit chewed off the pips. I don't believe the missing pieces were caused by a rabbit this year.

I love Paradise Glory, a sport of Paul's Glory. You have some large leaves on yours. Mine aren't nearly as large. What kind of sun does yours get?

Green with envy over your Regal Promenade! I was on a roll with collecting hostas with Krossa Regal progeny, but never was able to pick up Regal Promenade.

Gesila

• mbug_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

DD,,,,have 4 June in different locations and love them all. This is the biggest. The one in a lot of sun gets deep yellow but doesn't lose her looks.

Gesila
    I have Krossa Regal, Regal Splendor, Tom Schmid ....like them all.
    Just got Regal Supreme today, Do you have it?

• Gesila
    9 years ago

I have Krossa Regal, Regal Splendor, Tom Schmid, Regalia, and Regal Chameleon.

Don't have Regal Supreme yet. But I just found that I can get Regal Promenade locally. They have Regal Supreme too. I think I know where I'll be going on Friday!

Tomorrow is our local hosta meeting where they have an auction. I can't wait to see what they'll have there.

Gesila

• User
    9 years ago

MBug, that is the most beautiful Blue Cadet I EVER SAW. I had no idea the color could effervesce like that, blushing a nice chartreuse with the blue....one of my favorite pair of Crayolas to use in coloring books as a child. It still appeals to me.

And that is to say nothing of the rest of your pictures. I can only go back to taking it all in. What a treat....thanks for showing them.

Edited to add: Blue Cadet could not give such an effect were it not for the presence of August Moon-- it provides the punch to highlight the chartreuse in Blue Cadet. The magic would disappear if they were separated.

Edited again to add: And on third look, the conifer with new chartreuse growth, counterpoint to its blue green form, that helps too. If you did that arrangement--or even if you happened upon it and recognized it as so perfect--it is an absolutely perfect example of classy gardening. Plus it is a great shot.

This post was edited by moccasinlanding on Thu, May 22, 14 at 0:54