Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More hosta pics!

Posted by esther_b NYC Zone 7b (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 14 at 22:20

Yes, there are a couple more hosta pics that, in my exhaustion last night, I didn't post. Here they are:

The FABULOUS Remember Me:

The simply GORGEOUS Paradise Island:

The coming-along Rainforest Sunrise:

A young emergent Yellow Polka Dot Bikini:

And a bonus, the first bloom on my new Strike-It-Rich rose:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More hosta pics!

They look so good, Esther!

Don B.

o

Thanks, Don.

Remember what I went through to dig out the new extension to the garden from raw turf during the night, and desperately digging up my hostas from under the tree before they plowed under my garden. And then finding the missing Blue Cadet pipping in the middle of the lawn last week, and transferring it to safety in my handicapped neighbor's garden.

It was so worth it to see those hostas, and the ones I've ordered since, thriving so nicely both in my original garden and the Neighbor's Plot.

Tomorrow I should be receiving my Cameo, Ruby Mantle sedum, and heuchie Ginger Snap from the errant Casita Azul and my Sparkler and Country Mouse from Hostaguy. So excited!

o

• Posted by Ludisia 7a Philadelphia (My Page) on
    Tue, May 13, 14 at 23:33

Esther, sounds like you got a good book brewing there. Lots of intense 'action scenes' while you rescue your innocent babies from the big bad bully. Given your experiences over the past two years, maybe you could call it . . .

The Great Hostacapades !!! It'd be a best seller, and you can bet we'd all buy a copy. :p

But in all seriousness, your hostas look healthy and happy, a reflection of the attention and love they've been shown. :)

Keep on truck'n, and remember me when the royalties hit. ♥

Ludi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here