Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few from twilight tonight

Posted by coll_123 (My Page) on
Sat, May 12, 12 at 22:53

Just wanted to share a few pics from tongight. I love my garden as the sun starts to go down.

Liberty looking really nice this year
Photobucket

Maui Buttercups in front of my absolute favorite, Thunderbolt. MB has never looked better- usually slugs get to it when it's coming up and vulnerable
Photobucket

Maui Buttercups with Blue Mouse Ears and Nancy in the pot. I love Nancy
Photobucket

High Society, starting to turn white in the center. This is another favorite. Remember Me never whitens up for me, but this one whitens early.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few from twilight tonight

I love them, all magnificent, my friend Mr. Hosta agrees !

Photobucket

o

• Posted by mbug none (My Page) on
    Sat, May 12, 12 at 23:30

Wow!

o

OMG, Leafwatcher, that is funny! Love your "hosta guy"!

I bought 2 Liberty this year because everyone's is so pretty! Your Thunderbolt is so nice and it is only mid-May!

o

Awesome. Your Liberty is beautiful and Nancy looks great in a pot.

Gesila

o

All beautiful hosta specimens.

Paul

o

Thanks for the pics. I like the natural woodsy look. Nice use of companion plants too. Phil

o

Maui Buttercups is gorgeous. And I love your natural setting.
Christine

o

Love your gardens! How beautiful!

Thnaks so much for sharing the pics.

Alexa

o

Nice to see the plants at their best, and I mean BEST. It is a lot of work to get a garden to the point yours is, where all the elements come together to create a NATURAL look. I have a long way to go to approximate what you have here.
I'd love to take a walk beneath your trees as the sun sets too.

o

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone! I am fortunate that our yard came with a lot of built in natural features that enhance the garden. Sometimes it's hard to work with them, but overall I'm glad to have them.

Phil, it's an internal struggle not to eliminate some companion plants to make room for more hosta.

Cindy, I think Thunderbolt is gonna be humongous this year. I though it was looking big last year and it put out four new eyes since then. Every year I pray it doesnt come up with an all blue leaf eye in there because I don't ever want to mess with it.

Leafwather, so glad to have Mr Hosta's approval, lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here