Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone planted a Blue Wu yet

Posted by leafwatcher zone 5 (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 23:04

I admit it, I have :P

I don't see hardly anything about the looks of them yet.. just wondered if anyone had some pics they were able to share. i suppose its still pretty early for much to be OUT THERE ...

I have been taking out my more common plants, and slipping in shinier TOYS ! hahahahahha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone planted a Blue Wu yet

Second year. Still one eye. Leaves are much larger this year. I'd love to see the OS on this one.

Photobucket

o

Doesn't seem to be a lot out there ...I guess a couple of us will roll the dice and wait ;)

o

I just uncovered my Blue Wu, I counted 5 eyes. Looks like it's having it's leap year.

Anyone else growing Blue Wu? Has yours come up yet leafwatcher?

Gesila

o

Mine is still sleeping ;) I HOPE !

hahahaah

We just need some heat to get them climbing up and out. it appears my Sum and substance may be the first to fully open.

They do seem a bit confused by the second coolest spring on record.

o

Haven't seen a Blue Wu,but I found,and planted an Empress Wu last year. Here it is after being planted late last year. It is still one eye,but its size is about twice the size from last year. Phil

photo DSC_0007b_zpsb481a0c5.jpg

o

I did add Empress and Blue Wu last year, and from the looks of things I will be waiting for a couple more years for an explosion in size,,

o

Leafwatcher, has your Blue Wu woke up yet? Here's mine this year:

Blue Wu photo BlueWu20130527_zpsc51b98da.jpg

Gesila

o

My Blue Wu is around, but it was two small eyes before, and two slightly larger eyes this year.

Yours does give me hope though !

o

Want one!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here