Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafwatcher

I don't know how I did it..

leafwatcher
9 years ago

But I got everything but the Golden Tiaras covered.... I am worn out and started way to late !

Comments (8)

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

Great! It will pay off.

bk

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We are right in the middle of a borderline frost... I hope we dodge it, I have so many things out covering plants, garbage cans coolers empty pots tarps loosely layed over ...its just insane... My front yard looks like a city landfill.....

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

I hear ya, LW, Did that last week. Should help a whole lot.

Good Luck,
    Don B.

• lavendargrrl
    9 years ago

Good luck! It'll be worth the effort.

• Gesila
    9 years ago

This is the first frost that I haven't run out and covered up the hostas. It was just too cold for me to be out.

I remember one year we bought out every blanket, sheet, drape, etc. from the local Goodwill and Salvation Army store, and ended up using every towel and sheet in the house. It took me days to wash it all!

I can envision your gardens Leafwatcher! I envy that you'll have hostas that will be picture worthy. Sigh, I'll probably have to wait for their second flush.

Gesila

• tepelus
    9 years ago

I didn't cover either, Gesila, and now I'm seeing damage. I'm right there along with you.

Karen

• User
    9 years ago

This year, I've seen more damage after I get the really tender hosta shipped to me, and I think it is like other years and we are cooler, but the leaves are more tender than before. So I'm winding up with holes burned into the leaves on the high spots, where the sunlight catches first, probably it boils the water in the leaf and a few days later the leaf dessicates and then the tissue drops away. There is all sorts of damage that can happen up there, down here. I tucked my two new orders away in the shade ALL day long until they realize they aren't in Kansas any more, and put on some sun screen. Heck, it's been so much cooler here this spring, I didn't even think about them finding it HOT.

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have Hosta that still aren't open,
    I have had two short hail incidents..
    but I think I dodged the frost mostly..I did see one or two burn looking areas on one plant.... After the last two tough summers my Hosta are sort of split between the moved forward, and moved backward groups....