Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identification help.......again:)

Posted by gabbygardner 05 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 12 at 0:14

Here is a lovely little hosta I have actually had for 3 years. I know that is young, but it also had a little frost damage this Spring, so some leaves (on the left) are a little messed up.

So, it may be a while before it looks normal enough to ID. It's at a weird angle as well, sorry:)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Thanks for any help, you guys are awesome!!!

G

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identification help.......again:)

My guess is Frances Williams, but I am not like all as educated as all of you!

Thanks for looking:)

G

o

Definitely not FW. Looks like Wide Brim to me.

Steve

o

VWSYCGW - is the acronym for "Vote with Steve you can't go wrong!"

Les

ps: another would be VWkYCGW. So what do you do when VWSYCGW and VWkYCGW disagree? Beats me! Go out and pull a weed?

o

Looks like Wide Brim to me, too. Here is a pic of my Wide Brim (left) next to Frances Williams.

Photobucket

o

Could it be American Halo? Home Depot has been selling that as dry-root, so I'm seeing it more often.

o

Well, now you know why I don't try to help ID anyone else's plants!!! Lol;)

Thank you all so much!! I do have a Wide Brim in the front hosta bed, I will definitely compare!!

G

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here