Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
almosthooked

beautiful sun down

This was such a beautiful sundown and the second time in 2 days we missed heavy hail. It was 30 miles from us but thankfully was just a super wind storm and a bit of rain. Hosta would have been toast after the one in our neighbouring town. Very thankful for this, I must say

This is the view from our front door . I would love to rip down the power line but I guess we kind of need it too

Comments (9)

• thedogsLL
    9 years ago

that is absolutely breathtaking! (power line and all!)
    Lynn T

• jimr66
    9 years ago

Beauty. Here's a shot from cottage country in Ontario.

• hostanista
    9 years ago

GORGEOUS. What power line? Hardly notice it with that backdrop. I love the skies out here in the country. Never seem to get such saturated colours in the city. Sun sets in my front yard (cornfield across the street).

• hostanista
    9 years ago

OK one more.

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beautiful colors everyone. Amazing how the sun shines behind the cloud to make them glow. Totally sunny day in our part of BC today so back to the weeding soon. I added manure in the spring and introduced new weeds

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

What a wonderful feeling viewing these stunning photos - that of being ALIVE!

• mctavish6
    9 years ago

What beautiful sunsets. I saw basically the same as Faye but the power lines must be below my view point. What hail storm??? I'm glad I didn't know of it until it was over.

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mctavish , you are just going to have to tear yourself away from the hosta beds to check out the BCTV news 6 pm . First one was Penticton area( most of the cherry crop ruined) and then Vernon yesterday when we got the big wind. Most of the time you must be in the hosta and buns up and head down. lol! I have a starving husband by then

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

Almost, I showed your photo to the guy who works for me and he wants to know what kind of camera you have. He also said to photoshop out the power lines.

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Jim and hostanista, thanks for the photos.

bk