Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don_in_colorado

Pictures of 'Miss Tokyo'?

don_in_colorado
10 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I have a 'Miss Tokyo' but it is still quite immature. I was wondering if anyone on the forum owns this variety. Do you have any pics?

Thanks,
Don B.

Comments (15)

• User
    10 years ago

Don, do not know how this happened. I had clicked into your thread and posted a reply to it....or was TRYING to.....when it said message rejected, you must enter a subject.......hmmmm....don't usually have to when replying, but okay....what suitable to describe my post.....AH YES
    MISS TOKYO? No.....

I apologize for this. GWeb has been a little strange for me lately, maybe since Firefox upgraded? Anyone else?.....okay, so there.....they made me do it. :)

• User
    10 years ago

anyway here is the picture I wondered about consoling you since Miss Tokyo seems to be standing you up.

DonB....meet my Miss Saigon.

• ConnieMay ON Z6a
    10 years ago

Hi Don,
    Here is a picture of my Miss Tokyo today. This is the second spring in my garden - I purchased her in the fall of 2011.

• ConnieMay ON Z6a
    10 years ago

Here is another shot, a little later in the evening.

I don't think very many people have this one yet - which explains the lack of responses. :)

• ConnieMay ON Z6a
    10 years ago

And here is a pic from a couple of weeks ago (May 23). I love the early spring colour.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you very much, ConnieMay! A very nice plant, I'm glad I got it. I figured it must be pretty uncommon, because who doesn't like to post pics of their babies here on the forum? : )

Thanks Again!
    Don B.

• User
    10 years ago

Gee, Don, that was a fun series of photos, and we all learned a lot about the potential of Miss Tokyo. Look forward to seeing her grow up with your garden.

• BungalowMonkeys
    9 years ago

Thinking about adding this one. Would love to see your guys 2014 pics if possible. Has it grown well, any issues?

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mine is hardly bigger than last year. It's been so unremarkable, I haven't even taken a pic of it this season. Your mileage may vary, though. Hoping for a leap next spring.

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Sat, Aug 30, 14 at 3:29

• BungalowMonkeys
    9 years ago

That is a bit of a bummer. Think this one will have to wait until you post those leaping pics.

• User
    9 years ago

Don, when I saw this thread, your Miss Tokyo popped into my head. Sad that it is not growing nicely for you. Maybe next year. Gee, I was waiting for an update, did not expect it to be a blank....

• ConnieMay ON Z6a
    9 years ago

Here is the only pic I have taken - back in June. It's bigger than last year but I am thinking that I have an obligation to the forum to move it to a premium location so that we can all see what it may mature into...it's in a 'not so great' location now.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

May just be a slow grower. If mine is the size of yours by next spring, ConnieMay, that'll be good The few pics I've seen of mature plants are quite beautiful. Thanks for the updated pic, ConnieMay...

...Hey, look at that Miss Saigon! How is SHE growing, Mocc? : )

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Sat, Aug 30, 14 at 18:40

• User
    9 years ago

Don, I just read your question about Miss Saigon, how she is doing now.....frankly, I'll have to go out there and check. I noticed her in my latest walkabout but it was too dark for a camera, and I wasn't analytical on that occasion.

Let me "get back with you" on that answer. :)
    My computer is having problems this morning, we had some electrical problems during a storm last night.

• hostabff
    9 years ago

Here's a picture in early spring of 2013...Miss Tokyo