Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mosswitch

Not Happy with Land of the Giants

mosswitch
12 years ago

I am definitely not happy with Land of the Giants. I ordered from them in January, and still have not received my order. They answered my first email 3 wks ago and said they would be shipping the following week, and I have not heard from them since. They have not responded to any more emails. Has anyone else had a problem with them? If they don't contact me today my next try will be by phone.

It is already hot and dry here, way past best planting time, and if I don't get the plants soon they won't survive the summer. (I don't plant in pots, they wouldn't get watered when we are gone on occasion).

I won't order from them again.

Comments (84)

• ademink
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanks for posting, Jeff. I have had bad years before and know it can be overwhelming. Blessings to your wife and to you for all of the "juggling" you are doing right now.

At the end of the day, I think that all folks on here are kind people and we all realize that money and hosta take a much lower priority than people.

Again, thanks for taking the time to post and hopefully things can be resolved business-wise. I'm confident that they can. :)

Andrea

PS Ken, i like you just like you are. don't change. lol

• in ny zone5
    12 years ago

Sorry, Jeff, to read about your health problems and to continue the business as you do. With a sick wife and yourself having had pneumonia, it must be very tough to continue as you do. I really appreciate your hostas and will order again!
    Bernd

• kimcoco
    12 years ago

I'll add my two cents, for what it's worth.

Though I did not mail order, I did visit them recently and made some purchases of some very healthy, beautiful specimens. They were ample size hostas with wonderful root systems - WOW.

LOTG's sale was well organized. Upon arrival, we were promptly asked whether we needed assistance, and we were provided with that assistance. They also had a lot of neighbors helping them with the digging, checkout process, etc. That, to me, says a lot about their operation and character to have wonderful neighbors willing to assist in such a large sale/event, what an undertaking it must be.

Though I have no experience with mail order, I'd definitely visit them again and I'd consider mail order in the future if necessary (hour + trip for me), as I was happy with both the product and service we received.

• alyciaadamo
    12 years ago

I have never ordered from this seller before but seeing those pictures I think I might next year. I can see where everyone is coming from, I am not a seller but a very ardent buyer so I understand a lot about the mail system. It seems like forever sometimes when you are waiting for a package you so badly want. When buying online you have to keep in mind the 4 W's WHERE, WHAT, WHEN, and WHO(and HOW I know it's not a W :) My main concern with most vendors for anything is not if they have made mistakes but how they have fixed them. Mistakes ALWAYS happen it's just a matter of time when you are dealing with so many hands in the pot.

A few weeks ago I ordered 10 hostas from a seller and they were shipped in 2 packages at the SAME time both priority. While I was worried, I knew it was the P.O. not the seller. One came on Tues the other came on the following SAT! The P.O. is notoriously messed up!

The main thing you can do is really learn with this experience. LOTG may have to bone up on Customer service but I wonder if he is doing this alone and is sending all the emails himself? In which he might be doing the best he can while still trying to take care of packages and all the gardening himself. I am sure it is not an entirely easy task to do all these things with 500 plants and who knows how many customers. I am more impressed that he tries to make things right.

(If anything this post makes me want to try LOTG next year :)When I start with a new seller that I know nothing about, I usually buy only a few things so in case it turns out to be a bad transaction I am not in the hole for too much.

• Janice
    12 years ago

Well said, Alycia! I've been watching this thread, with some consternation, for all concerned
    and yet I can see how this can all work out for good for LOTG/Jeff! Seeing the personal side
    of how it is for him, and his handling of 'mistakes' (and pix of the hosta order) makes me want to try him, too!

Jeff, you're going on my list of folks to try, maybe next year! I'm really maxing out and over my limit already,
    today--in fact--with an order placed with Lakeside Acres Hosta--Rob!!

I wish you well, Jeff and my heart goes out to you with all you've had to go through this year, already!
    It's very difficult to be all things to all people--but it sounds like you're doing the work and have folks
    who are willing to help you where you might need it, if you let them know you need it!

I can be patient if I KNOW I can really count on my order being delivered and being satisfied with what I get.
    Life is so hectic and chaotic for most people, these days and I think we need to slow down and appreciate one
    another more for what we're all dealing with whether we know the details of each of our lives or not (communication
    is always key, though and most helpful when possible)! It's just hard all over!!

• mrhosta
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone, This is Jeff From Land of the Giants again. I have over 200,000 hostas in the ground. Started to finally ship on May 31st got all caught up last week. Really only have Mon Tue to ship as I do not want the hostas sitting at the post office on Sunday. I have shipped on Wed but rarely. I do it all now as my wife cannot do the work any more. I have really tried to get the plants out to people fast because of the weather and I am sorry (and saddened)for the few that are not happy. I do care and want to give people what I would like to get. The hostas and gardens are a place I can excape the real world with what is happening with my wife. I have listened to everyone and appriciate all the feedback. Thank you all so much. Your new friend Jeff AKA Mrhosta

• in ny zone5
    12 years ago

Why complain about a few weeks? I do not understand that when Land of the Giants large hostas will create a mature plant so much faster than TC derived plants are able to do.

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Since I am the one who started this whole thing, I am going to put in my final 2 cents worth.

It was not the quality of the plants I was worried about. It was the delay in shipping from May to June (with no notification to let me know to expect that), then after an email to let LOTG know that we were still here after the tornado, and our mail service was normal, to be told shipping would start the following Tuesday and they were late because of the weather. OK, but 2 wks later, still no plants. No reply to another email, then to yet another email, was told that they had been shipped a week ago (no shipping notification, no communication) which was wherein the problem was. I did not know it had been shipped, and with no tracking number, was not able to locate it.

Also, no package. A glitch somewhere, a wrong keystroke had my address 1 digit wrong, but across the street-no problem there. Still no package anywhere, not at the post office, at the neighbors house, nowhere. That was when I really got frustrated and upset. Granted, it was not a huge order, but not piddly, either; and I am a new customer with steady future ordering potential. LOTG had come highly recommended by posters on this forum, which was why I had ordered in the first place.

Having been in the nursery business for 30 years and growing hostas for some 25, I am not unfamiliar with field growing and certainly no novice with plants. I've field dug and divided many plants myself. So that was NOT the problem with me. When the plants finally arrived, (and thank you Jeff for getting this straightened out) they were nice plants, as I said previously.

The problem I have is that this time of the year with no rain for a month, and HOT weather, it is almost too late to plant anything here--a typical Missouri June.

That, Bernd, is why the complaint about a few weeks delay. It could mean life or plant death here. If a plant doesn't survive, it doesn't much matter how mature a plant it might have created.

My understanding was that they would be shipped in May, which came and went with NO communication or explanation of why my order was delayed.

And that was the source of my frustration, not the potential quality of the plants--which, incidentally, I had no previous experience with, just word of mouth.

As far as Jeff's personal issues, I had no knowledge of any of that. I just lost my youngest daughter the first of May, and had barely gotten home from dealing with that when our city was hit with the worst tornado in recorded history (the death toll is now 155, if anybody is still counting) in which we lost a hospital, 3 of our schools, 300+ businesses and 8,000+ homes, as well as personal friends, so I am no stranger to recent personal tragedy, but Jeff didn't know that about me, either, nor should he have been concerned with it. All he needed to know was that I had placed an order and it was his job to get it to me to the best of his ability, and if there was a problem, to let me know about it. As he should have done with every customer that ordered, as the customers are the ones who pay the bills and keep the doors open.

I am sorry for what he is going thru, and I wish the best for him and his wife, but the lack of communication, with no explanation, spoke to me of poor customer service. I now understand why, quite after the fact.

Again, I do appreciate that Jeff replaced the lost order, and this in good time, with shipping notification this go round. Still no sign of the previous missing package. I feel pretty sure it never arrived in Joplin at all and is floating around in an alternate postal universe someplace. I know it was shipped, but where it went nobody knows. (Don't you love the USPS?) I hope whoever eventually got it liked hostas.

As for my not ordering again from LOTG, I am not sure Wisconsin plants and Missouri weather are a good fit. Only time will tell. I hope the plants do well as LOTG hostas really are nice, as I have now seen firsthand, and the prices are more than fair. It is my usual practice to wait a year after first orders from any source to see how the plants perform, anyway, over a season's time. If I do order, it will be for September delivery, for sure, and not spring! And customer service/communication will have to improve, as I have confidence it will do in the future.

So far the hostas are doing pretty well, with the exception of Dragonfire, which looks like wilted lettuce from transplant shock (Wisconsin cold to Missouri heat I am sure) and it was the one with the least root system for the massive top growth it carried. If I can keep it alive long enough for it to become acclimated it may yet recover. (And yes, I have it under shade cloth and well watered).

And that is the end of what I have to say about the subject.

And now we are again under a tornado watch so I will be shutting down the computer and monitoring the weather......they also say damaging hail and high winds. Dang. But we sure could use the rain!

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I read back through the postings, and I missed this one previously from Steve: What he said. I totally agree.

"I have purchased quite a few hostas this year from about a dozen different sources. I'm sure I'll pick up a few more at the convention next week. Of those different sources, LOTG is certainly not at the bottom of my list, but they are also far from the top.

I am very well aware that Jeff Miller is well respected in the Hosta community at large and for good reason. I'm also aware that the weather is out of his control. But I also think it's a legitimate question as to whether or not to buy field grown plants from a northern/midwest source when the weather can be variable.

This month the Northeast is having fine weather. But last year at this time we had several weeks of 90-95 degree temps. If weather forces late shipping times and that tardiness means you have to deal with new plants in a heat wave, that causes a significant problem for the consumer.

As I mentioned above, how a plant looks upon arrival is less important to me than how it performs in the long run. But how the plant looks right now does have at least some relationship to how it performs both this year and in the future.

Field plant growers can't control the weather. (I still have one more order that is yet to ship.) What they can control is the information they provide to their customers. A simple page on the web site about the kind of plants they sell, what they will look like upon arrival, how to maximize their potential when you receive them, and why they think this is the best way to sell plants, would be helpful. A broadcast email to customers about the weather vagaries and its impact on shipping orders would also save both time and aggravation for everyone. This information may still not make customers happy. Customers may still in future choose whether or not to choose to patronize growers who sell field grown fully leafed out plants. However, clear and understandable up-front information would certainly allow customers to make a more informed choice."

Steve

• in ny zone5
    12 years ago

mosswitch,
    very sorry again to read about your young daughter. I certainly do not want to offend anyone. And you are right, Missouri and the North are this year a poor match. Last year I received a conifer from the PNW here in upper NY state (after a one week truck ride) with one week of 96 F following, was a very poor match too.
    I am only mentioning that it would be good to cut Jeff some slack this year.
    Bernd

• coralb
    12 years ago

Mosswitch,

I am truly sorry about your daughter. My thoughts are with you.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    12 years ago

My prayers are with you and your family at the loss of your daughter.

tj

• Janice
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry Mosswitch--I can ONLY imagine your grief! Be assured that my prayers are with you and your family, too!

As I said earlier, "It's just hard all over!!" We all have 'stuff' (I often say) and we can't always know
    what each other is dealing with in *real life*! Our hosta gardens can be a refuge for many of us
    and this place/forum, a place to take a deep breath and talk about a safe thing--our hosta and the work in our
    gardens that allow us to focus on something that gives us so much in return!

God's peace to you and to Jeff in his situation and the rest of us who have 'stuff' we don't always talk about,
    but we come here with a common interest, centered on a plant we love, and a hope for friendship and helpful
    sharing of information, done in kindness, based on that interest.

janice

• mrhosta
    12 years ago

I am sorry for the loss of your daughter my prayers will be with you and your family.

• jerry_br
    12 years ago

I could never work for a place that deals face to face with the public because of posts like this. Blaming a vendor because he does not ship plants when the ground is still frozen is hilarious. Or nit knowing the difference between field grown plants versus tc plants from pots. Give me such a break!

I have bought plants from nearly every online vendor out there and I have never seen plants come as big as what I have received from LotG! Every plant I have ever received from them has been at least a double division. I have always had great customer service.

You get what you pay for. At LotG that is big well grown, virus free plants period!

• Cindy Johnston
    12 years ago

I really think it is time to put this string to rest. Enough has been said on both sides. Each of us has probably learned a few lessons. Live and learn, forgive and forget, know when to walk away. It's time to move on.
    Cj

• Babka NorCal 9b
    12 years ago

Jerry_br-
    Blaming a vendor for not communicating...in this day of instant e-mails...IS totally warranted. It is up to the vendor to tell the customer that he cannot ship until xxx date. Stuff happens, but you tell your customers that you can not perform as promised. They will understand. But you need to tell them! Ignoring the people who pay you is not a good thing to do.

-Babka

• mrhosta
    12 years ago

Hello This is Jeff from Land of the giants. I have on my web page that I would not start shippintg till Mid May weather permiting. I started shipping the end of May. I know this fourm is a place for people to communicate about plants, venders,etc. Lets stop arguing, life is so important to keep this up. I will work on customer service better. I am truly sorry that I was the cause of this thread. Lets enjoy the gardens and try and forget what is going on around us. Thanks, Jeff

• djwfrk
    12 years ago

AMEN! And on to other topics .....

• Mary4b
    12 years ago

Next time I have a hosta complaint, I will think about Jeff, who has a noble business, borne from the love of a beautiful plant, not from a degree in marketing...and Mosswitch, while facing life's greatest challenge of life lost, finds solace growing that plant. The rest is just noise.

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Land of the Giants' displays beauty and dedication

• luvmyhostas
    9 years ago

Not happy with LOTG shipping? I have something else even worse than that. NEMATODES!!! I'm not talking about the beneficial ones! Want your Greenhouses infected, go ahead and order from them. I NEVER will again!!! This "Great Guy" may end up putting me out of business.....

• mac48025 ( SE michigan)
    9 years ago

I've ordered from about 8 large online hosta growers and Land of the Giants is right at the top of my list along side Greenhill. All 6 of my orders from Land of the Giants were prompt, correct and large and healthy field dug plants. I will be ordering from them for many years to come.

I'm sure it's possible to have a bad experience with anyone. I had two very bad experiences with a very respected vendor yet I'm sure it was just bad luck on my part. So while Land of the Giants may not be perfect I can't wait to place my next order with them!

Here's the Gunthers Prize from my last order from them. Huge for such a rare plant.

• in ny zone5
    9 years ago

I am still ordering from him, my plants are great looking, never had any nematodes on his plants.
    Bernd

• User
    9 years ago

LuvMyHostas, I notice you registered for the first time yesterday on Gardenweb. Welcome to the Hosta Forum.

Hope your nematode problem shows a way out when AHS completes its research project on them. Since foliar nematodes attack a variety of plants, it is not an easy task to identify the source of the affliction.....as I understand it.

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

I'm sorry you are unhappy with your situation. Many in our group have been buying from LOTG for years and this is the first I've heard of any problem with nematodes. Our regular posters include growers. I would think we would have heard this before now.

LuvMyHostas, I suggest you read the latest information from the research that is going on with the association. They offer an online only membership that's just $20.00 and you have access to everything, you just don't receive the beautiful magazine.

Some of our posters have had good luck with Bayer Advanced Insect Killer and Bio Safe. Cleanliness in going from hosta to hosta is also required against any kind of pest, not only against nematodes.

This thought just occurred to me, If you're in the plant business, why are you buying from Jeff? If I were in the business, I would be buying from a wholesaler, not a retailer.

Just curious.

bk

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

I dunno. Just something odd about someone joining GW, just to pull up a 3 year old thread, to flame someone.

Perhaps its just me.

tj

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

Below are photos of Dancing Queen and Ripple Effect. They were a late shipment, but nevertheless, the plants have been in the ground for over two months.

Notice the one mature leaf on Dancing Queen. The other mature leaf was broken on arrival. Also, it had a small root system. It wasn't until recently that it got its first flush of leaves.

{{gwi:1018589}}

My jaw dropped when I saw Ripple Effect. I know this is a small hosta, but it was barely 3 inches in diameter. Notice the leaves on Luna Moth. After two months, it could almost cover my plant.
    {{gwi:1018591}}.

I like Jeff. He is a very affable and pleasant gentlemen, and I'm sorry to hear of his and his wife's health issues. I just expected more from him based on the comments others have made about their orders. While it is important to satisfy frequent patrons with nice plants, it is equally important to satisfy new customers if you want repeat business.

DD

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

I'm with you, Tj. Something isn't right here. If someone has nematodes, it gets out. It's not exactly something you can hide. It shows up, people talk about it. If true, some of us who buy from them would have noticed by now.

bk

• zkathy z7a NC
    9 years ago

LOTG is not shipping anything else this year. There's a note on their website's home page. I talked to someone there who said they had a family emergency and all orders would ship in the spring.

Kathy

• smorz
    9 years ago

weird indeed... but Im kinda glad this "resurfaced". After reading the story I will certainly make it a point to visit LOTG, and I found a few hosta I will order from there.

• BungalowMonkeys
    9 years ago

When I first read luvmyhostas post, had done up a long post and decided not to respond because of being a noob and in a snarky mood ;) In short was curious how in a greenhouse situation you could narrow it down to the plant that started the outbreak. Assuming you are watering like many of the greenhouses here, overhead sprinkling system(?) and tight compacted plants. Could see why a nemotode outbreak could spread rapidly. But how in the world did you determine which plant started it? Also with what Bkay said, why buy from a retailer if you are a reseller. Just isn't adding up. Plus no pics, no history on the forum, no response with further explanation. Sketchy, as my children would say.

I just placed my first order with Jeff from LOTG. Over the last few days he has been very prompt to my emails. My 3 hostas will ship on Tuesday and I could not be more excited to get them. If the three oversized hostas ordered are anything like the customer service, then I am in for a real treat. Will post pics when they arrive.

• mstrecke
    9 years ago

I have ordered dozens of plants from LOTG over several orders. I will agree that a tracking number would be nice. My packages have them but the info is not communicated to the buyer. Must be some software or service that can do this for them. I have also ordered from all of the other retailers on the hosta library page.

LOTG most definitively sends the largest and most mature plants.

Even the box they sent that was lost in the mail for 2 weeks ( no fault of LOTG) plants have thrived and at least doubled in size.

I have received CRAZY NUTZO bonus plants from them and have a LONG list I plan to order from them last year.

All plants have been healthy and disease / nematode free.

Long Live LOTG :)

Margaret

• mrhosta
    9 years ago

Hello, This is Jeff from Land of the Giants Hosta Farm Most hosta nursery businesses really care to sell great plants to the customers that are disease and nematode free. We all care about this great plant we call a hosta. Looks like one business maybe thinking that they can put down a business to make theres look better, that is very sad that this kind of thing happens and it makes my stomach hurt. I really want to thank each and everyone who has posted on this thread. You are all so kind. I do have one request if I could ask of you, if you could get ahold of the administrator's of this fourm and have this removed. It someone tries to google me this thread comes up. I do care for the plant and all my customers and try very very hard to ship the best hostas that I can ship. Watching my wife with this terrible disease, I find out it is the simpler things in life that are important. Hostas for me is not only a passion but a way to take my mind off all the bad things that are happening in the world. If there is anything I can do to brighten any of your or someone you knows day let me know as I love to play it forward. Your friend Jeff

• TheHostaCottage
    9 years ago

I disagree that this post should be removed. There are positive and negatives things said on this thread about LOTG and there are many other vendors that have had positive and negative things said about them in other threads. If only good experiences are allowed to be posted than that would defeat the purpose of this forum.

When I search for information on a vendor I would certainly hope that I would be able to read both positive and negative opinions and decide for myself whether or not to place an order.

Personally I cannot be a customer of LOTG because I live in Canada and they no longer ship to Canada.

Vanessa

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

There's something to be said for what Jeff says. If someone who uses gardenweb regularly had said they got nematodes form Jeff, I think it should stay. It's not like most of us go around flaming people for no reason. I don't think Mosswitch did.

However, that guy joins just one day prior and says something very inflammatory and we never hear from him again, then I think it's reasonable to ask that his comments be removed. You'll notice that he doesn't stay around to defend what he said. My guess it that he'll never post here again.

The forum is not like Dan's Garden, where they have a spot set up for good and bad comments. I've commented negatively there and I think it's appropriate. Gardenweb isn't set up for that.

I own a small business. I had a client recently who complained and complained. She didn't stop buying from me, but kept on wanting a credit for this or a credit for that. I wrote more credits to her in six months than I've written in the seven years I've been doing this. I kept trying to make her happy because I felt she would bad mouth me online. I finally gave up and sent her an email saying I thought she should find someone else to buy from who could make her happy, as we couldn't seem to succeed at that. You have almost no recourse when someone flames you like that. Most of the time you don't even know who they are.

JMO

bk

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    9 years ago

I have been waiting to see if the person would come back to defend themselves and seems they have vanished. I will admit that when I read the post about nematodes, I immediately ran outside to check my hostas. Not a sign of nematodes on any plant that I own.

I have ordered from LOTG both last year and this year and I have been very happy with the plants and the service that I received. On one order I received an incorrect plant and Jeff was very willing to replace it with the correct plant and a bonus plant too.

It makes me sad that someone would try to ruin his reputation by making a statement like that. I will continue to order from LOTG and will recommend them to anyone who is looking for nice disease free plants.

Linda

9 years ago

Trusting references online whether here or on Angie's list is tricky at best if you ask me. The anonymity of the internet removes credibility as we have no idea who is behind such comments. For those of you that don't believe me I have a bevy of French models available for dates. You must believe me as everything on the internet is true. It really is, I read it on the internet. Excuse me my date has arrived. Bonjour ;)

Seriously though. I'm sure anyone can have bad experiences with any vendor. When your order was placed has no bearing on when plants can be shipped from Wisconsin. Having an order fulfilled in June isn't unreasonable at all after the winter we just incurred. Just be glad you didn't order michigan peaches or plums as those rotten farmers aren't shipping at all this year. The fact that they lost all their fruit producing trees shouldn't temper your outrage though.

Yes. I'm sure anyone that's placed a number of orders with various vendors can share a bad experience. I've had my only two orders with a very respectable vendor on this forum that went to hell but rather than disparage them I choose to differ to the predominant opinion of this forum and assume I was unlucky in my dealings. One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch girl.....come on ladies, sing it with me!

Look at this awful Beauty Substance I recieved from LOTG last year

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Mosswitch opened this thread; Jeff from LOTG responded with an apology and said he'd make efforts to improve his customer service.

Valid complaint, in my opinion, great response from Jeff, in my opinion. Thread basically closed.

BACK IN 2011 !!!!!!

Re-opened by Luvmyhostas two days ago with a nasty, Bozoish post, with a claim I REALLY DO NOT BELIEVE...

If I'm wrong, come back and defend yourself. Like someone else stated about your post, pretty odd, and if someone is selling nematode-laden plants, word gets out quick.

Anyway, you're a liar. Should I have saved myself typing time and just written that? : P

No, I don't think this thread should be removed. The only nastiness I read in it was Luvmyhostas' post. And myself, with nastiness directed to Bozo.

Jeff, I'm very sorry to hear of your wife's illness, and I wish the very best for her and you and your family.

Don B.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Don't try and muscle in on my French models-available-for-dates-business, Mac. I'm workin' this side of the street.

Don B.

9 years ago

Avior Don. It's my street now. But since you stated yourself so well I'll set you up with Halle Berry instead of a French model. On second thought you can have your side of the street back and I'll take Halle! See, she's waving to me.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Deal! And here is Gerard Depardieu, swapping you for Halle Barry.

Gender NOT specified. Gotta watch those internet trades. No takebacks!

Merci Beaucoop, mon ami!!

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Sun, Aug 31, 14 at 20:00

• mrhosta
    9 years ago

Lol you guys make me laugh. Thanks for the comments.

9 years ago

In that case you get carrot top. I heard you liked redheads.

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

Wow! That's a nice hosta. I love that leaf shape. It's also my favorite colors.

bk

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Ahhhhhh! You heard wrong!!!!!!

That's Lindsay Lohan, isn't it?

Don B.

EDIT: NOW this thread should be deleted!!

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Sun, Aug 31, 14 at 20:32

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

That can't be carrot top. He's older than the hills.

bk

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

That is Carrot Top after his face lift, bk. Ooooh - not good. I see the "brothers" are sparring again.

DD

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Yes indeed, that Beauty Substance is pretty great.

That Carrot Top facelift, uglier than I cared to see. I suppose I deserved it though. Touche, Landscaper Extrordinaire Mac, touche.

Don B.

• mstrecke
    9 years ago

Don and Mac... Thanks for making my eyes BURN :(

Regarding negative comments on the internet; I always look at the bigger picture. A well run businesses with good customer support like LOTG will have primarily favorable comments. I usually assume the most damaging comments are from competitors and irrational people with unreasonable expectations.

I would not worry about having this thread removed. If you do a sum of good comments and compare it to the bad, the good WAY out number the bad.

Margaret