Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gogirlterri

This question could get some funny answers-I hope.I

gogirlterri
10 years ago

I have $40 to spend in June. I could use it to buy 5 hostas or one new bra. Any suggestions?

This isn't really a joke. The situation has me truly torn. I can't decide which way to go. I don't have a pressing need for the hostas and a not really pressing need for the alternative. But the hostas are sooooooo tempting. Gosh I like First Frost.

Theresa

Comments (36)

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    10 years ago

Get the hostas. What size are you? I will send you one of mine. Hostas are far more important and the season just started. Boobs will be there in the winter. Can I say that? Paula

• shade_tolerant
    10 years ago

Paula, LOL!!!
    Theresa get the hostas, you won't be sorry!

• old_dirt 6a
    10 years ago

I think I'd have to scrutinize both situations before giving an answer...LOL

• almosthooked zone5
    10 years ago

So funny Theresa.. go for the hosta , the boobs can hang around until winter. Patch up the old ones or go all natural and get the Junes
    Faye

• User
    10 years ago

Hey, Theresa, why not buy one of those really CUPPED HOSTA?
    Abigua Drinking Gourd? It might work. :)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

O>>>>M>>>>G!!!!!

ken

ps: speechless.. i got nothing else ...

• rosie742001
    10 years ago

Wasn't there a Hosta called Double D Cup???

• ConnieMay ON Z6a
    10 years ago

Thank you for the mid-day giggle. (I'm checking in during my lunch hour.)

You may want to ask someone that isn't hosta obsessed... many from this group don't even get dressed in the morning before going out to the garden...we aren't exactly the type of people who would care if you went "au naturel".

• ourhomeinthewoods
    10 years ago

funny question.... my practical answer: spend $35 on hostas, shop the thrift shop or bargain table at the factory stores for a $5.00 bra.

Then here's a great idea for what to do with the old bra, found this on Pinterest. It made me laugh, though I don't think I will do it in my garden.

• WILDernessWen
    10 years ago

Bra? What's that? Certainly not something that goes with my gardening fashion statement. Muddy boots, muddy hoodie, muddy sweat pants or pajama pants, muddy gloves, and a semi muddy hat. This is possibly one of the best threads I've read all spring! Now that sure was fun. Thanks, WW

• User
    10 years ago

Muddy this that and the other, calls for an outdoor shower. Which is in the works for our remodel. Located near the back door. Saves a lot of housework too.

I'd forgotten there was a Hosta 'Double D Cup'...... it was Stuart Asch named it..... Rosie really nailed it. :)

• almosthooked zone5
    10 years ago

Hang in there and hang loose! The answer will set you free lol

• Lee
    10 years ago

LOL

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

LOL - I couldn't live without a bra. Double D Cup is on my wish list for good reason - too bad the OS is $100.00. But if you have enough bras, go for the hostas. You can NEVER EVER have enough hostas. Check out Autumn Frost. It's much flashier than it's ancestor, very beautiful.

Off topic, but does anyone know if the tissue culture Double D is staying true to the original?

• gogirlterri
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Too funny! So much excellent suggestions as to how I should handle my problems.

Homeinthewoods - seeing your picture I ran to my dresser to see if someone raided my lingerie drawer.LOL

I like the idea of ADG, but its leaves are way to large and so is DD. Is there a hosta named Silicon Gel?

Or how about a mini relative of ADG?

Theresa

This post was edited by gogirlterri on Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 17:58

• irawon
    10 years ago

Enjoying the levity. Thanks Theresa, not enough of that around.

Now seriously, 5 hostas trump 1 bra.

• WILDernessWen
    10 years ago

Blue Mouse Ears might look cute for someone on the smaller side. Although, I would suggest a fitting first. WW

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Uhhh.....What??

Don B.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

I'm thinking you buy a large leafed hosta and fashion the leaves into a bra. Call it your "Eve" bra. Just don't let the rabbits nibble on it...

tj

• kalija
    10 years ago

I would go for the hosta too - bras are the number one thing I hate to spend money on...seems like such a waste. Thanks for the laugh this evening!

• Gesila
    10 years ago

Theresa, you made me count my blessings. I actually got 4 new bras in the mail and bought some hostas on the same day.

Spend the money on the hostas, it's summer!

Gesila

• gogirlterri
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OK-I've gotten the message. Time to go hosta shopping,maybe for some with names appropriate to my question. I can't buy Northern Exposure. I'd just bought one and it is doing just fine. The squirrels did not dig up my Northern Exposure.

And REALLY, Blue Mouse Ears is NOT an option. I am not THAT small for Pete's sake.

I am on my way to search the Hosta Library but as always I am open for suggestions. I can't count on Ken - he was speechless - can you believe that?

Theresa

• thisismelissa
    10 years ago

Theresa,
    I might just be the only one firmly on the other side of the fence on this one.
    If I needed a new bra, I'd buy that. Once my bras wear out, there's no thrift-store shopping that's going to find the size I wear! (let's just say it's not in the first 4 letters of the alphabet)

But then I'd still buy more hostas if I had room!

lol

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    10 years ago

Well, we finally found a topic which left Ken with no answer. At least he didn't say something about leaving them on the driveway.

Pictures are required to back up some of these claims.

• leafwatcher
    10 years ago

If you split a bra does it grow two full ones?

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

If a B cup becomes a C cup, is that a 'sport'??

Don B.

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

So when someone hybridizes h.'Empress Wu' with 'Abiqua Drinking Gourd' it might give a hosta 'EE Cup'.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Ha ha ha Bernd!

Don B.

• leafwatcher
    10 years ago

I went into my super secret gene splicing shed I bought from Harbor Freight, and I crossed a Hosta with that pink bra plant hanger above !

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

A brasta?

tj

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

LOL 'Harbor Freight'!

• Jonbry123
    10 years ago

Lol. I dont often get here into the forum but am a member of the American Hosta Society group in Facebook. Had to copy the question and some of the responses was to funny to not pass up. Dont worry all names where removed to protect the innocent. This was one member's suggestion to help:

" don't fear, she should be able to get a good $17 boxed bra, two First Frost Hosta's and change back."

• gogirlterri
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is not going where I thought it would, but I love it. :o)

I had a lovely day today and spent it in the gardens, rather than on the internet. i'll be back in the morning.

Theresa

• eahamel
    10 years ago

This one really woke the guys up, didn't it?

What? Ken speechless?

It would be a no-brainer for me. My bras would get a bit more wear if this was the only option.

• gogirlterri
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You bet! LOL
    a Our vanity is a powerful force, but our love of hostas seems to be greater. I am glad it is just not me. LOL

Theresa

• Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.
    10 years ago

Get the bloomin' hostas already! That way you'd get the sway of the hosta leaves and the sway of... well, you know....

Pieter