Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madplanter1

Who's going to be at the National convention?

Someone (Don?) posted asking who else was going a while back and didn't get a response, so I'm trying again.

Are you going? Are you riding the bus? Are you entering the leaf show or hat contest? Should we try to set a meeting place?

I'll be there starting Thursday, although I"m not staying at the hotel until Friday since I'm lucky enough to have a relative a few miles away. I'm riding the tour bus. I'm not entering anything or donating, not sure what's required/wanted since it's my first convention, but I did make a hat.

Would love to hear from any other attendees!

Comments (8)

• User
    9 years ago

The AHS this week? I live in Cedar Rapids and we are hosting the convention! I hope you have a great time. I may go on some of the tours. I hope the weather continues to be cool and cooperative.

This post was edited by ThistleAndMaize on Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 16:42

• Terri9094
    9 years ago

I will be going--I live in Cedar Rapids. Some of us from the HHS got together last night to stuff the name tags--saw lots of names I recognized!. Tonight they will be able to get into the hotel to stuff bags. I unfortunately will have to work. : (

I will be helping at one of the gardens on the tour!

Not entering any leaves, but am really curious since this is my first convention.

As for hat--still thinking on it. I am a last minute person for things like that.

Yes, I am interested in a meeting place. Just need to figure out where. Maybe by the bar on left side of lobby, or the glass elevators on right side of lobby? And, what day & time?

Terri

This post was edited by Terri9094 on Tue, Jun 10, 14 at 15:07

• trudy_gw
    9 years ago

Looking forward to meeting some of you who are going.

Please stop by the Hosta Seed Growers Seedling Competition in the Cedar Rapids Room and say hi!

The Harshbargers Club has worked so hard on the Conventition for others to enjoy....A Big Thank You!

• beverlymnz4
    9 years ago

I, and my DH, will be there.

Beverly

• vpeterson
    9 years ago

I will be there. Leaving Minnesota tomorrow (Wed.),picking up my mom and staying with a relative in Cedar Rapids. Not entering anything,This is my first hosta convention.I am very excited. Can't wait to see some of those gardens. The auction should be really fun as well. I am really interested in seeing the seedling display. I have a cousin who is part of the Russ O'Harra Hosta Society so we will have 4 family members at the convention.

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hope to meet some of you there, heading out today.

Don't forget to watch your speed if you drive. CR is notorious for their cameras and tickets.

• vpeterson
    9 years ago

Thanks for the info. It will be a four hour drive for me and I tend to have a lead foot. Bringing some seedlings with me as hostas gifts. Hope they survive the car trip.

• User
    9 years ago

I saw pictures today already of the vendor area and I cannot wait. I'll be there today. I saw Naylor Creek Nurseries is one of the vendors too.

I'm lucky that I work just up the road from the hotel. Welcome to Cedar Rapids, those of you visiting. :)

This post was edited by ThistleAndMaize on Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 10:13