Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul_in_mn

High Society

paul_in_mn
11 years ago

This is a June sport from Hans Hansen/Shady Oaks. Not a fast grower, but added a couple of eyes this year. Planted in 2009 and moved to garden expansion last year.

Early May

and 30 days later

Thanks for looking. Please add your pics.

Paul

Here is a link that might be useful: HL: High Society

Comments (8)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

That's a handsome hosta! I like.

Kate

• Cricket_Love
    11 years ago

Very pretty! It's coming along nicely!

• evermore_gw z 4/5 NB
    11 years ago

Same age as Paul's. Also, one of my favorites. I love all the Halcyon/June derivatives.

Steve

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    11 years ago

I planted this one three summers ago and this year I almost lost it! I transplanted it to a pot and there has been some progress but I am not out of the woods yet.
    I thought for sure that I had lost it but I am hoping :)
    May 2012
    {{gwi:1001047}}

Yesterday
    {{gwi:1019454}}

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Here's mine, planted last spring, happy but slow. Its a favourite for me as well. Love all June's 'dozens of cousins'
    Jan

{{gwi:1019455}}

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    11 years ago

Jan, What part of Ontario do you live?

• coll_123
    11 years ago

I too love the Halcyon/June family of hosta. The only downside for me with High Society and Remember Me is that slugs are attracted to the lighter centers and will make holes in the young leaves.

My High Society was bought in 2007 or 2008 as one eye. Up to seven this year. I have to move 'Blue Sliver' away from it a bit

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Hi Paula - back to you on another thread - I live in London, but grew up in Blackstock long before there was a hosta nursery there! There seem to be lots of good sources of hostas in your area - some great opportunities for day trips.
    Jan