Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
High Society

Posted by paul_in_mn 4b (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 12 at 8:56

This is a June sport from Hans Hansen/Shady Oaks. Not a fast grower, but added a couple of eyes this year. Planted in 2009 and moved to garden expansion last year.

Early May
Hosta 'High Society'

and 30 days later
Hosta 'High Society'

Thanks for looking. Please add your pics.

Paul

Here is a link that might be useful: HL: High Society

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: High Society

That's a handsome hosta! I like.

Kate

o

Very pretty! It's coming along nicely!

o

Same age as Paul's. Also, one of my favorites. I love all the Halcyon/June derivatives.
High Society 2012

Steve

o

I planted this one three summers ago and this year I almost lost it! I transplanted it to a pot and there has been some progress but I am not out of the woods yet.
I thought for sure that I had lost it but I am hoping :)
May 2012
HighSocietyb

Yesterday
Photobucket

o

Here's mine, planted last spring, happy but slow. Its a favourite for me as well. Love all June's 'dozens of cousins'
Jan

H.'High Society'

o

Jan, What part of Ontario do you live?

o

I too love the Halcyon/June family of hosta. The only downside for me with High Society and Remember Me is that slugs are attracted to the lighter centers and will make holes in the young leaves.

My High Society was bought in 2007 or 2008 as one eye. Up to seven this year. I have to move 'Blue Sliver' away from it a bit

Photobucket

o

Hi Paula - back to you on another thread - I live in London, but grew up in Blackstock long before there was a hosta nursery there! There seem to be lots of good sources of hostas in your area - some great opportunities for day trips.
Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here