I hope you get a lot of hostas! Paula

Comments (40)

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

Happy, happy.

bk

• User
    10 years ago

OMG, Paula, what a wonderful looking plant, like a pinwheel.
    Sun Power, I presume?

Yep, it's nice to keep having them, isn't it?
    I got a nice check for the occasion, plus my allowance which keeps me in pots and mix, and new additions to the family.

As Sidney was saying guilt can kill old ladies, so I try not to feel guilty, even when I know I'm being outrageous. It's always nice to have an accommodating spouse.

We were going out to dinner, but here I sit with my leg up while he treats my puncture wound from the corner of a square flower pot. I did not feel it when it happened, but noticed my shoe filling with blood. Injuries to extremities are cause for alarm when a person is diabetic, eh. So for a few days I'm not gardening.

It's always nice to celebrate with kindred spirits who harbor a passion for hosta. Thank you for thinking of me, Paula. All I want today is an inch of rain, okay? No watering for me.

As Mehitabel the Cat always said, "Toujour gai, toujour gai, there's a lot of life in the old dame yet."

Here is a link that might be useful: archy and mehitabel

• coll_123
    10 years ago

Oh dear, I am sorry about the injury. Take it easy and enjoy your birthday!

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    10 years ago

Moccassinlanding, you commented on a flower picture that I posted on one of your threads. Because of your comment, you inspired me to take some more photos. So this one is for you. Happy Birthday. Hope you mend quickly.

10 years ago

(Sorry, but I had computer trouble when posting.)

This post was edited by newhostalady on Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 11:13

10 years ago

Computer problems! Please disregard.

This post was edited by newhostalady on Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 11:14

• User
    10 years ago

Hey, Newhostalady, you have a FIRST.....a triple post instead of a mere double.

I'm keeping that flower picture, it is a great shot of a gorgeous flower head. I'm already seeing how it could be framed with a few more similar shots, to display in our study. Inspiring!

Thanks, BK, I appreciate it.

I got my birthday wish for rain, although the lightning killed my computer for a brief time. No damage. I love a rainy night.

Here is a link that might be useful: I Love A Rainy Night

• Gesila
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Moc, and hope your foot heals!

I love that you recognized Paula's Sun Power! You have definitely moved to the next stage of addiction!

With warmest regards,

Gesila

• Lee
    10 years ago

Happy B'day Moc :)

• Jon 6a SE MA
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Moc
    Happy Birthday to youuuuuu.

How old are you now?
    How old are you now?

• Ludicious Acres
    10 years ago

Shut the front door ?!?!?!?

It's my birthday today too !!! Mocc I had no idea we shared the same birthday . . . oh it makes it that much sweeter. I knew you were a Cancer, just never thought to ask which day. :p

I hope you have a WONDERFULLY hostalicious one. :)

I unfortunately had to work today, but once I get home I will be kicking up my feet as well.

I know your DH will take good care of you so I will worry less than I might if I knew he was still up in MA.

Best Wishes,
    Ludi

EDIT: Forgot to mention I treated myself to another small order from Hallson . . . calling it my birthday present to myself. :p

This post was edited by Ludisia on Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 12:42

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

May I add my birthday wishes along with everyone else's. I hope you have an especially great day today. Your injury is untimely, but the upside is that you get to enjoy with your eyes while the rest of your body reposes for a wee bit. Sit back, sip on a delicious cocktail, and let your someone special spoil you on this day. That is my wish for you.

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! Too!!

I wish you as great a day as Mocassin's...why don't the two of you drink to each others health at the same hour???? I'm dining out tonight...will remember both of you while I am 'wining' and dining. :)

• DelawareDonna
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday, Moc - and you too, Ludisia.

Moc you gave me a grand old welcome when I landed here recently with your lovely compliments on my community garden. You can visit my little "park pod" any time you want.

• sidney1515
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday you two hostakiddies. . . Hope you have the best b-day ever! I'd sing happy birthday for you, but I wouldn't want to spoil your day. . . I'm a cheerful singer but sick cows sound better than my singing. . .

Moc. . hope your leg heals quickly. . what a sweet man you have.

Newhostalady. . .LOVE that picture!

Jonny. . .baaaad. . lol

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday, Mocc! I won't wish you more hostas, since they seem to be attacking you, just happy gardening and get well soon.

10 years ago

"you have a FIRST.....a triple post instead of a mere double."

So I am the lucky triple poster! Well, somebody had to do it! LOL

I am very glad that you like the picture, moccasinlanding! I went back to the photo and cropped it. Thought you might like that better. If you do, I can remove the framing and add the name of the hosta Alex Summers. Just ask!

Ludi, I also wish you a very happy birthday!!!!

{{!gwi}}

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Happy birthday, Mocc and Ludisia! It is a grand time of year for a birthday celebration! Enjoy.

Cheers,
    Cynthia

• beverlymnz4
    10 years ago

Happy birthday, both of your. I wish you many more years of posting hosta pictures as they mature.

Enjoy
    Beverly

• Lee
    10 years ago

HBD Ludi... We should be seeing lots of new hosta after Moc and Ludi's birthdays :)

• rosie742001
    10 years ago

Okay, I echo the Happy Birthday wishes and thank you for the Eddie Rabbit " I love a rainy night".I love that song. And I love Hostas and Heucheras, so this is a great place to be!!!

• stoc zone 6 sweden
    10 years ago

Another well wisher that you both have wonderful Birthdays!Happy Birthday, Moc and Ludisia.

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday to you too Ludi. What a great day this is turning out to be. Mocc that is my Sun Power. lol I sent that from my phone first time.

10 years ago

Don't know what 's with my computer, but here's the cropped photo:

• User
    10 years ago

That is good too, NHL....don't need the name, I know Alex Summers. The tight cropped one would make a good place mat size, it is a horizontal photo now. I like both. That first one reminds me of some botanical of an artichoke with a stem, and I was thinking a series of the hosta scapes with your saturated nice black background is very dramatic. And artistic.

Gee, thanks, I really like the pictures, and the thought behind them.

• WILDernessWen
    10 years ago

"They say it's your birthday,
    We're gonna have a good time.
    I'm glad it's your birthday,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOCCASIN & LUDI

Wendy

• User
    10 years ago

Melati, if I get many more hosta, somebody shoot me! I'm trying to hang tight and keep it under 400....although my DH is now estimating it is close to that. However, that could not be true, now could it! Only pots count. NOT how many are in a pot. :)

Although there are still at least 4 of my auction hosta winnings arriving, with some terrestrial orchids I can put in the ground...oh joy!!!

DeNile is my middle name, you know. Overcrowded? Never happen here...... natural selection will take care of some of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Only The Strong Survive

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Moccasin and Ludi! Hope you both have great day!

Mocc- 400, 500 or 600..does it really matter? Do whatever makes you happy! As long as you have the space and the time to water them all, it's a harmless obsession right?

Linda

• User
    10 years ago

TropicLover, good advice. A friend sent a cookbook titled COOK WHAT YOU LOVE.....and now, permission to go into orbit with hosta.

Hmmm, what a way to celebrate.
    For Ludi and myself, and the rest of the Hosta Forum participants, think on this song the next time you discover a hosta you want.....

Here is a link that might be useful: You're The One I Need....

• hosta_freak
    10 years ago

Happy birthday,Mocc! It's good to keep having them,when you know what the alternative is! Mine is coming up in August. It seems like they come twice a year,now! Phil

• Lee
    10 years ago

Lol Moc.... I have 3 arriving too.. and its not even my bday.....yet... I think I have the excuse to order more soon haha.

• mosswitch
    10 years ago

Hey I missed it! Happy Birhday! And many, many, more (hostas, too!)

Sandy

• esther_b
    10 years ago

Click on link for message...

Here is a link that might be useful: Happy Birthday!

• mr_gary
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday!!! (Hosta) Flowers for the Ladies.

• beverlymnz4
    10 years ago

Moccasin, FYI, hosta purchased at a charitable auction do not count. It's all about the cause.

Melati, Do I understand you correctly, we are all buying hosta in honor of Moccasin and Ludi's Birthdays? I am ordering 2 more Cathedral Windows, one in honor of each birhday.

Beverly

• mr_gary
    10 years ago

Sorry photo showed in preview but not in post. Happy Birthday! (Hosta) flowers for the Ladies... any way.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

BACK THE TRUCK UP!!!! It's Mocc AND Ludi's birthday today??

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOCC AND LUDI!!!!

Don B.

• weekendweeder
    10 years ago

I am so late to the party after a very long day, but I have 49 more minutes to greet Mocc and Ludi! Best wishes for hostas and good health in the coming year!

• User
    10 years ago

Awwww, Mr. Gary, how very nice to have such lavender pearls for all the ladies.

Don't worry about it, WW, there is lots of time before dawn. I just was told hosta obtained thru charitable means do not count...Bev said it and she ought to know. So I can whip out the ole (short) Wish List and feel perfectly entitled--ENABLED is the word I need--to find the dream hosta....(if he had not approved of more hosta, wouldn't he have given me something besides MONEY....something such as an electric screw driver?) so he knows......he is ONE OF YOU -- AN ENABLER TOO. .... My my my-my-my MY, isn't this a happy birthday for sure.

G'night Ludi... hello to the AFTER MIDNIGHT crowd.... welcome through Stargate to another world in the Back40. I recommend that you open the below linked Clapton number in another window and then read the forum posts for a better sense of being CONNECTED to one another. Not just our eyes, but our ears are sharing. Our thoughts lifted beyond the garden fence to times this music brings to mind.

It is my way of saying thank you for sharing your warmth as well as your wisdom. I have a greeting card I never can bring myself to give away because of its message.

Never mistake information for true wisdom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clapton...

• ci_lantro
    10 years ago

I'm a day late so I'll be the first to wish you a post-birthday Happy B'Day!

And, take care of that foot!!