Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2012 Hostaseedgrowers Competition

Posted by hostamanphil 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 9:40

Hello everyone in Garden Web land. I was fortunate to be able to attend a hosta seed growers competition Saturday at the Land of the Giants Hosta Farm in Milton Wi.It was a great experience and was able to meet a great bunch of hosta seed growing fanatics. Here are some pics of the entries. Phil

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2012 Hostaseedgrowers Competition

Wow! Every seed I've grown has been green. :) A lot of really nice edges, red petioles, and streaking on those.

o

Phil, congratulations, you were so lucky to attend this meeting. What wonderful plants to observe! Jeff Miller seemed to have arranged the event very well. Then you also could wander through the fields and gardens of Land of the Giants hosta farm. I must say that I am sorry to live far away in the East.

I think there will be shown a lot of pictures of this event on the Hosta Seed Growers Forum, will look at them. Thanks for showing your pictures!
Bernd

o

Would love to have been there. Beautiful plants.....

o

I am DIGGING the ones in the 6th picture !

Photobucket

o

ME TOO on photo 6. I couldn't pass them up without buying at least two if I saw them at my local greenhouse. Does anyone have information on them?

Les

o

Phil, thanks for posting the pics.

Paul

o

Thank you for the mouthwatering glimpses! Looks like that was so much fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here