Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unknown Hosta

Posted by teresa_mn Zone 4 MN (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 10:21

Does anyone have a suggestion on what this hosta is? Olive Bailey Langdon perhaps? Jen from Wisconsin suggested Great Arrival.

I got it last fall so I don't know if the colors will change as the summer progresses. Nor do I know a flower color. I can say that it's leaves slightly cup upward and are quite thick. Substance similar to Love Pat.

Thanks,
Teresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unknown Hosta

Shot in the dark but maybe American Icon?

o

Teresa, it looks like a Frances Williams' sport to me... either Linda Sue or Sara's Sensation. I don't have Sara's Sensation. I posted this pic of Linda Sue recently.

This post was edited by irawon on Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 11:09

o

Here's Great Arrival, a sport from Great Expectations, which is a faster grower than GE...at least for me. The torn leaves are due to my husband trying to help me by doing some raking.

This post was edited by irawon on Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 11:07

o

Thanks for the help. I am leaning toward Linda Sue or Olive Bailey. Both of which this nursery has/has had.

o

I second Linda Sue.

o

Irawon and Jim - turns out it is Linda Sue. The nursery still had Linda Sue in the computer and could not find them in the greenhouse. I got the one in the picture last fall and another larger clump the other day.

I love the wide gold margins.

Teresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here