Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Love Pat

Posted by paul_in_mn 4b (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 10:28

Some don't care for the cupped hosta because they collect leaves and debris, but I don't mind - that is part of the charm of a woodsy looking garden. For me this was a must have plant due to my DW's name - Love Pat and Paul's Glory (not too bad a pair of hosta). Had a nice growth spurt this year, adding 4 eyes. Planted in 2005 and growing under Oaks. Very nice blue.
Hosta 'Love Pat'

This group has pretty much overgrown the path to the glider. Pictured with Love Pat - June, El Capitan, and Paradigm.

Please add your pics of Love Pat (if I recall correctly, Don has a very nice one).

Thanks for looking.

Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Love Pat

Not a recent picture, but it's stilll in the same spot and growing like a weed. It's been in this same place since 1995 and sure has lots of seedling.....Every where!!!
Love Pat

o

Very nice! I like Love Pat a lot! Nice combination you have there.

Linda

o

Paul - nice husky healthy looking jack-in-the-pulpit holding his own there with the hosta crew!
Jan

o

The name Love Pat drives me crazy, because every time I hear it, the song "Love Shack" by the B-52's pops into my head and I hate that song! "Love Pat, bay-bee"

But the hosta is very nice. Mine is still in the process of standing up and stretching out, but here it is today in the rain. I like it when the Bridal Veil astilbe behind it is in bloom

Photobucket

o

Thanks for adding comments and pics.

Jan, one of the first plants I grew in a garden of mine was a Jack from my Grandma's garden - that was 40+ years ago. These are all offspring from her original clump. She had a wonderful garden on a city lot...it keeps me tied to her.

coll_123, love the painted ferns.

Paul

o

This one came with the house. I have divided it many times so I have lots of them. None as big as this one.

o

Paul, I don't mind the debris either.
Lucky, that is a gorgeous specimen of Love Pat.
Coll, consider yourself a teacher - I stare at your gardens and learn.

Hosta Love Pat

Context - Love Pat at 3 o'clock
Shade Garden
Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here