Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafwatcher

A few I planted at my Moms.

leafwatcher
10 years ago

Barbara Ann on the left, in the center A. Moonbeam, and though I lost the marker I am pretty sure the one on the right is Pauls Glory.
These plants are only in their third season in the ground, Considering they got NO watering last year in the horrendous heat...I think they look dang good !

Comments (3)

• susie53_gw
    10 years ago

I have a Paul.'s Glory and it is huge!! Your's looks really pretty along the white fence

• idiothe
    10 years ago

they do look great!

You should know that you will run into issues with placement if you don't like the look of them piling up on the fence.

The Abiqua Moonbeam is registered at 32" diameter (but Dr. Chuck grew most of his plants in very heavy shade under a pine canopy) - it can easily go to 40" diameter and more with good light and water.

Paul's Glory... a very poor registration form for a great hosta... listed as 26" in diameter and 17" tall when registered in 1987... back in the late 90s I started tc plants and started out selling them as small to medium. Not until mine grew did I realize that PG is a large plant... mine is about 50" in diameter and over 24" tall... maybe 30".

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

There is a BIT more room behind the plants than it appears, however they will be leaning on the fence soon, probably by the end of the season.

One funny thing is, my Moms fathers name was Paul, and my Mother nows lives in her home town. If i know anything about my Grandfather he probably wandered up and over this piece of ground more than once.

It sort of ties together some loose strings, and makes me think about it whenever I go near that plant.

I had forgotten or maybe never knew the Pauls Glory was an XL ..