Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafwatcher

Thinking of going to Trudys garden show the 27th

leafwatcher
9 years ago

It starts at 4pm its on the north side of Red Rock lake,Pella Iowa.

Not far from the Marina entrance.I want to see how much her Streakers have changed since my earlier visit. Her gardens are humbling, and her chickens aren't bad either ! hahahaha

Comments (6)

• User
    9 years ago

Leafwatcher, if you go, say hi for me. She's been really nice. Also, would you mind asking if the chickens are good at bug control on the hosta? Do they mix well with the hosta garden? I so badly want to have about 2 or 3 little poulet egglayers. The ones I had before followed me around the garden and my dachshund thought they were her puppies....they were black and tan black star (sex linked can tell male from female as chicks).

• User
    9 years ago

Is there more information online about this show? I'm in eastern iowa and curious about it, if it's open to the public, etc

• allnitro
    9 years ago

I'll start with Trudy does not let the girls (hens) go through her hostas, they will shred them to death, she feeds them fresh greens daily.

Also I am sure she will be excited to have any hostaholic stop by on the 27th if you are a member of the Russ O'Harra Hosta Society or not. I have been on the phone with her today and will again and will tell her to check this thread for her response, she is on the ROHS summer garden tour right now and bidding for me in their auction......we are Hosta Buddies!

• allnitro
    9 years ago

I just checked her email notice and this is what it says:

Cant make it to the Midwest Convention in Wisconsin? How about a fun closer outing!

Holland Drive Gardens,117 Blue Gill Ct Pella Iowa will have their gardens open on Friday June 28 4-8 and Saturday June 29 9-2.

I just talked with her and she will check this out and correct any or all of my post......plus I reminded her that Friday is the 27th.

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Looks like the info is available before I returned to the thread..Maybe I will see some of you there....I am hoping to drive my old white and grey truck, and I will more than likely have my Brown sort of Indiana Jones hat with me ;)

Or look for a fat guy wearing shorts with boots ;)

• trudy_gw
    9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing many of you at the Garden Show.
    Love to share our gardens with others who enjoy the garden/hosta addiction.
    It is Friday 4-8 and Saturday 9-2 The Russ OHarra email I sent out had the wrong dates but correct days. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi Moc...wish our chickens were able to free range but like Allnitor says our hostas would be shredded. They are spoiled with fresh greens during the veggie garden season.

It was fun bidding for you today Allnitro! Sorry we didnt get the hosta seedling you wanted, but it is going to a good home.

See you soon leafwatcher!

For more info please send me a message.