Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blueberry Muffin

Posted by paul_in_mn 4b (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 30, 14 at 11:34

Happy to see I've stirred some interest in Blueberry Muffin in the "Got my Hosta Fix" thread, it has been a strong grower in my garden....especially for a blue. Color seems to last pretty well. Don't know how big it will end up as it was only planted in 2011. Myhostas says 24" tall and may reach 30" wide...mine has already hit 45" wide. I've already moved one small hosta and soon to move another to make room.
Hosta 'Blueberry Muffin' (11)-002

2012 pic (May) for growth reference
Hosta 'Blueberry Muffin' (11)-1

The flowering habit reminds me a bit of Blue Mouse Ears, tight to the clump. It's a Bill Meyer cross of 'Frances Williams' x 'Fall Bouquet' and blooms late (early August for me last year).
Hosta 'Blueberry Muffin' (11)-004

It's got a couple of leaves sporting a small white streak...fun to imagine how that could evolve.
Hosta 'Blueberry Muffin' (11)-003

Please add your pics and comments.

Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blueberry Muffin

I only just got one first week of June but I already love the colour. It seems to be happy in its spot. Looking forward to seeing it develop. Yours is great, I hope mine lives up to it.

o

I love Blueberry Muffin. One of my favorite blues, and blues are my favorite! Got it Aug of 2012, it is now 24" tall and 40" wide. (Not quite as large as Paul's, but getting there). Good color, corrugated very pleasing form. Mine gets some morning sun, otherwise shade.

Who else has one?

o

Mine still has plenty of growing to do, but I love it, too. It's one of the bluest and I have a lot of blues, so that's a high compliment. Here she is:

20140612_200720.jpg

Paul, yours is exceptional in that first pic! Always love a blue surrounded by yellows.

o

Here's mine. I haven't measured it, but it's been a steady grower. Nothing too fast or too slow. I got it in 2011 as a single eyed plant.

Karen

o

OMG, Karen, what is the hosta in the bottom corner??????????????????

o

The hosta in bottom corner.....I would like to know also...is it rainbows end??? Its lovely

michelle

o

I don't have it but I sure do want it!

Beautiful pictures!

Linda

o

Gotta add Blue Berry muffin! Please let that be Rainbows end as I just picked up very small one. I have very few blues, but this one is definitely swaying me to rethinking that!

o

That is Rainbow's End. :)

Karen

o

Great. Now I've just added RAINBOW'S END to my wish list. I really should wear a blindfold when I read these posts. (Whaaaat???) :-)

o

Add a pic from today - color holding up well, though temps have been pretty mild for July...
Hosta 'Blueberry Muffin' (11)-001

Scapes are just poking through.

Paul

o

Lol hostanista! Thats how I feel. My wish list is out of control. Both of these are now on it. Just beautiful!

o

Paul: BM is looking good. I repeat, one of my fav blues. Mine is in bloom right now and also holding color well. It is morning sun and afternoon shade. Thanks for this thread.

o

And with that I have a blueberry muffin and a mango tango on its way. Thank you for visiting Hosta Enablers Society drive thru! :P

o

Yep I see Paul is taunting me again with his blueberry muffin. I was going to try and hold off on ordering anymore this year but I don't think I will be able to resist because I want it sooo much LOL.

Kate- I have no self-control either ;-)

Paul- you always have the nicest pictures of your garden and I appreciate you sharing them!

Linda

o

Paul are the hosta's behind bm?

o

Kate, Great Expectations and Daybreak.

Paul

o

Paul

This post was edited by paul_in_mn on Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 22:31

o

Paul

o

Paul

o

Thanks Paul! That day break is spectacular! Your photos have swayed me into blues and now golds. :)

o
RE: Blueberry Muffin and a few yellow too...

Kate, since you're on hosta tilt ;-) . Here's another to think about in the golds.....Krugerrand...it's tall and vase shaped. Melissa got me looking at this one a few years ago. It's a beacon in the garden and pics. The one to the right near the lilacs. Pic is from a couple of days ago, so still yellow and looking good.

Paul

o

Finally got back to wifi so I can show you my Blueberry Muffin.
Kathy

o

I've been looking at Krugerrand along with every other hosta known to the free world. :) Thanks for the suggestion!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here