Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
noid

Posted by Jan.ON 5b/6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 11:35

A friend gave me two big shovelfuls of this hosta 5 or more years ago and it is very happy living in this barrel where it drapes nicely over the rim. I know, I know, green with cream border=tough to ID. 7-8 vein pairs, no sign of scapes yet, I'm wondering about Antioch maybe?
Jan

Photobucket

href="http://s1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/jbushfield/?action=view¤t=GardenJune102012017.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: noid

Antioch is a good guess. Yours looks very similiar to mine.

I'd say yours loves its home... Its gorgeous.

o

It could very easily pass as H. Fortunei Albomarginata

o

I have a couple of look-alikes like that. Mine are called Sundancer,and I got them at Lowes many years ago.Phil

o

Now that's a happy looking hosta. In 5 years it hasn't bloomed? I thought they bloomed every year. Some of my new
hosta are blooming and they are quite young.

o

Antioch! I have four of them and they look the same as yours.

o

I'm quite sure this hosta blooms - its just that this is the first year I have been tuned in to really noting times of bloom etc., and most summers I am away from mid-June to mid-Sept, so I miss many of them performing. I'll keep an eye out for blooms on this one, and unless they disprove the theory in the meantime I'll call it 'Antioch'. Thanks all.
Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here