Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafwatcher

Spoiled myself for my wifes birthday.

leafwatcher
9 years ago

I bought a really nice wind chime to hang on the patio..right next to my favorite spot to dreamily stare at my gardens, hahahahah

It makes the old one sound like silverware crashing down the stairs. Ever since I hung it up I have been thinking , sheesh where is all the wind I have been cursing !

My neighbors are going to appreciate the old one gone, and hopefully appreciate the new one showing up.

Hey , at least I don't have dogs that sound like they are fighting to the death constantly. Like some of my neighbors do !

Comments (8)

• hostanista
    9 years ago

Good for you leafwatcher! I know chimes aren't for everyone, and some of them do sound very tinny and cheap but if you got a good one then you'll enjoy its music for years to come. I love 'em too - when my dad passed away last year, a couple of friends wanted to give me a garden reminder of him so with their healthy contribution I purchased a spectacular "Bells of Vienna" (3 feet long) and perfectly tuned to the key of G (my dad's name began with the letter G). They are so soothing, they almost sound like faraway church bells in the English countryside. And I love the way you worded the subject of this posting. Funny guy.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

in regard to your title.. she must be lovin you up ... what a man ...

lol

ken

ps: i suppose you convinced her.. its what she always wanted ...

• jadie88
    9 years ago

Hey, at least you got "her" something pretty. I got my husband a drip irrigation kit for Father's Day. ;-)

...He is a very tolerant man...

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    9 years ago

LOL The disguise of a gift given meant for yourself. Good one. As a neighbor I thank you for better sounds. My neighbors had a bamboo wind chime which sounded horrible. What made it worse is that they spent no time outside and they have no idea what a hosta is (Un Natural). Finally after about 6 years it finally rotted off the hook and fell to the ground never to be rehung again. I was so grateful. You have done the world a favor.

• almosthooked zone5
    9 years ago

ilovetogrow. My nephew said their neighbour had one that was about 4 feet long and the most noisy thing he ever heard so between their dog barking all night and the chimes, he snuck over the fence and finally clipped it off. They too never went into the back yard. Glad he never did this to mine !!! I guess in Alberta the wind never dies down

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Well, Happy Birthday, LW!

Oh, sorry, should have read the title better...It was your WIFE'S birthday...Did she get you anything else? ; )

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 23:46

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I will have to see what I, um I mean she needs besides the wind chime.. Actually though, as long as the color is blue I can get away with it..so I did order blue chimes ;)

• User
    9 years ago

tsk tsk, playing the favorite color card.
    But who am I to say anything...for his Father's Day I picked up a Bose Mini Bluetooth speaker for DH, at the phone store, to sync with my smartphone so he could listen to my favorite music. It's educational, you know. And he loves Bose, they're up in MA like he was. It's wireless. I......I mean HE....can take it outside in the garden while he builds a big raised flower bed for me....poor baby. He really should hear how fine the mini speaker sounds.

Two can play that game. :)
    And my birthday is in six days.....but I already got THE CAR.
    I've been very good this year. 0:)=