Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peggy_hosta

My gardens

peggy_hosta
11 years ago

Here's some pics of my gardens. Finally have some time this year to post.

Comments (22)

• mosswitch
    11 years ago

Beautiful, love the rocks!

Sandy

• peggy_hosta
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I guess I didn't do it right as there should have been more pics. Let's try it again!

• peggy_hosta
    Original Author
    11 years ago

How come the pics are so big and off to the side??
    Peggy

• Wendys_garden
    11 years ago

Beautiful gardens Peggy!

Your pic size is fine. But when you paste the pic HTML code into the message, start a new line. Otherwise it's run together and it's putting the pic at the end of your sentence. Your second pic just looks like you posted the HTML code twice, & with no space in between.

Does that make sense?

Again, just love your gardens & the rocks you've landscaped with!

Wendy

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

You are so right wing!

I'm a lefty.

Love it. The rocks make me feel right at home.

Steve

• paul_in_mn
    11 years ago

Peggy, love the hosta tucked into the rocks. Do you have more pics to share?

Paul

• peggy_hosta
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's a few more. Those first 3 pics took me 2 hours to figure out!

• bkay2000
    11 years ago

I bet the second batch of photos didn't take that long to post. Once you figure it out, it's quick and very rewarding. Your photos are great.

Love the rocks. I live on the prairie. We don't have rocks (unless you buy them).

bkay

• hostaLes
    11 years ago

With hostas, patience is very rewarding virtue, and seeing how beautiful your hostas are settled into nooks among the rocks at varying elevations, you certainly have gotten that right. You have really lovely gardens. Thanks for sharing.

Les

• jodikay
    11 years ago

Peggy, very nice. Thanks for sharing. Love the rocks!

Jodi

• alexis717_df
    11 years ago

Peggy, that must have been a tremendous amount of work to get all those plants and all those rocks placed so perfectly. Beautiful!

I envy you all those rocks.

• beverlymnz4
    11 years ago

Your artistic side really shows. Nicely done.

Beverly

• leafwatcher
    11 years ago

The way those things are grown down in those bigger rocks.. It would almost be impossible to get the plant out ! I bet they have their little fingers and toes around everything !

• i-like-to-grow
    11 years ago

perfect.. thanks for sharing... love the bottles and rocks!
    John

• schoolb1
    11 years ago

Love your hosta gardens. They look wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I haven't been on the forum for awhile, and nice to see someone else's beds for a change.

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Nice garden and rocks too but how is the bottle plant made? It looks like a big flower.. Really cute

• mary52zn8tx
    11 years ago

Nice garden! Thanks for sharing!

• frostynyc
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. I love the rocks integrated into the landscaping.

• tomahawkclaim
    11 years ago

Great garden. I love the sculpture with the colored bottles. N

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    11 years ago

Wonderful, very creative especially the 'bottle tree' and I love the rocks, too! Thanks for the effort to learn to post your pics.

• User
    11 years ago

Hey, Peggy, man do I have some serious rock envy!!!!
    And, I have to show your bottle tree to my DH, who thinks I am crazy for having one. They are traditional to catch bad spirits!

You have beautiful gardens! Wow. Do you wear your trail boots to climb the hill when you work in the garden? Those round rocks would come tumbling down with me after. You created a lovely place, grow some healthy looking hosta too.

• peggy_hosta
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone, for the compliments. I myself made the bottle tree. Once you determine the height you want, slide pipe inside each other, weld them together so they don't collapse down. Then decide how long you want the rebar pieces which are also welded on.Mine are 12" to 24" long. The bottles are just slid over the rebar pieces.
    Until 2005, my yard was a field. And typical of farming, you dump the tractor bucket of rocks over the side of a hill and thus my rocky gardens were formed. I do dig some rocks out when I want to plant so the hosta has some soil to grow in.
    It's supposed to be 102* today and windy. We are quite dry in ne SoDak but not as bad as other places. Luckily I can water with 80* lake water.
    Peggy