Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Touch of Class

Posted by ajfan Zone 4 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 11:58

Is Touch of Class a slow grower? Have had mine 3 yrs and it's only about 2 eyes...still relatively small. Have dug it up once and improved the soil. I've heard folks talk about tissue culture-not sure what that is-maybe I just got a dud plant? Suggestions or ideas anyone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Touch of Class

I think this one has 3 eyes. It was new to my garden with one eye last year. I'd say the growth rate is average, maybe a little better than average.

Photobucket

Steve

o

Mine has been slow. All the ones in that family have been slow and steady for me, except for June. But June was a pretty large plant to start with.

o

Mine has been slow. All the ones in that family have been slow and steady for me, except for June. But June was a pretty large plant to start with.

o

• Posted by Eleven Michigan 6A (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 8:49

Hallson's page describes 'Touch of Class' as a good grower, but it's been slow for me so far and not added any eyes. I'm holding out hope, since I did only get it last year.

o

My T of C was planted in 2007. It has increased steadily in size. I started adding alfalfa pellets at the bottom of my hosta planting holes about two years ago and have noticed that my hostas (with this addition) have been growing better. Give T of C lots of water regularly, scratch some alfalfa pellets into the soil around him and he will reward you.

o

• Posted by jel48 Z4 Michigan (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 10:31

I love Touch of Class, and hadn't really noticed it being slow at all. irawon, I like using the alfalfa pellets too, along with some other organic matter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here