Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One year later

Posted by mmarnold none (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 12:02

Last year I planted a newly expanded bed.It is starting to fill in nicely.I would love any suggestions

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One year later

And this year.

o

Mm I'd love to compare...one pic is sideways and one of upside down... Looks good from what I can interpret.

I wish Apple would fix this issue.

Paul

o

What do you have in mind when you ask for suggestions? This looks beautiful, but I don't know enough about hostas to make any hosta suggestions or comments.

What I could imagine happening somewhere in the middle of this space is something structural. An arrangement of 3 or more enormous pots with (?) planted in them. Or something wrought iron. An enormous fabulous piece of driftwood? Statuary? A planting of something vertical like a drift of ostrich ferns? I believe that some landscape folk might say that what I am describing are "bones".

I'm envious of all your space which permits imagination.

o

Paul, if you double click on the photos you will see them straight. If picture takers place the button on the right hand side when taking photos they appear to be straight when posted.

Steve

o

Wow. What a difference a year can make! :o) Well done. You did a beautiful job.

o

Looking good! If you're asking for plant suggestions, I would add some brightly colored heuchera near the front of the bed.

This post was edited by flower-frenzy on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 16:52

o

Looking very very nice, mmarnold. What a difference a year can make, eh?

FlowerFrenzy, you are the Master of Heucheras!

Don B.

o

It takes a while for hostas to become mature especially when you buy them small as 2 year olds. I usually plant the potentially big ones in the back, smaller ones in the front, and mix up solid colors with margined leaves for interest. You seem to have done this. Keep them watered well and fertilize them. Bernd

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here