Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19796976

Climax, Liberty, and Komodo Dragon

User
9 years ago

These could be the last three I plant this summer. Left to right are Climax (I bought yesterday), Liberty (the bigger of the last two at a nursery and it's still small), and Komodo Dragon. The photo bomber there behind them thinks he helps by digging holes for me sometimes. Sigh. Gotta love him anyway.

Last week I planted Victory, Blue Angel, and Humpback Whale along a slope. Those along with today's planting above should eventually cover that slope.

The rest of the summer will be weeding, catching up on mulching, and occasionally yelling "grow dammit" at a few slow performers. I started my wish list for next year and imagine most of those will be mail order.

Comments (6)

• almosthooked zone5
    9 years ago

Very nice plant you caught! And the "grow Damnit" is what they say is talking to your plants. Seem to me I have talked to then that way from time to time too
    Cute dog! My aunty had one years ago she called SPEED

• hostatakeover swMO
    9 years ago

All great choices, TaM. Your photo bomber looks like he's asking "Where are we digging today?"

• User
    9 years ago

Nice catch. Did you find them locally? To visit a hosta nursery, I'd have to drive about 250 miles north to Birmingham. Unless there is one hiding in plain sight somewhere else. Your Komodo Dragon is a lot bigger than the one I received this spring, but I don't think it will stay small very long. It's already adding new leaves.

Mail order is the way I've gone except for one batch I picked up in person at Bob Seawright's nursery in Carlisle MA in Sept 2011. Maybe got 10 from him at close of the season for half off. The rest of mine are all mail order. For the most part, I have not been disappointed in the health and the looks of the plants.

Well, I'm cooled off now, time to head back outdoors to the garden projects.

• Mary4b
    9 years ago

I like the black and white one there...where can I order that one?

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    9 years ago

I can help out with that, Mary, LOL

Couldn't resist that one!

TAM, nice choices! I always get Satisfaction mixed up in my head with Climax. I guess that makes sense, LOL :)

I got Climax this year, also. Nice big division. Looking forward to seeing it grow.

Here's my Satisfaction, which I ran out to grab a pic of to warn you of how fast it grows, only to realize that was the wrong hosta!

and here's my regular photo bomber:

She always finds herself in the photo, somehow. Loves to supervise my digging, too. She doesn't try to dig herself, she just gets her nose in there so she can tell me if I'm doing it right or not!

• User
    9 years ago

Lovely garden companion. Love the pretty feathered looking brown/cream coat.

Yes, your Satisfaction is like my Satisfaction. I have a thread about a NOID thought for a while to be Satisfaction, but this year no way does it look like it. Still a problem ID since 2010.