Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another NoId

Posted by buyorsell888 Zone 8 Portland OR (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 12:28

This wasn't tagged when I bought it. I didn't realize it was going to grow into such a big plant. Would like to label it before it share it with friends and neighbors. It was almost two feet tall and four feet wide at about four years old.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another NoId

Blue Angel?

Steve

o

That was my thought also, but it's hard to tell with the plant out of the ground and in that wheelbarrow. BA has leaves that are mounded and pointing down not up. It's got the correct # of vein pairs for BA.

Steve (Mass)

o

Not sure if this helps but here is a picture of it blooming.

I bought it at Home Depot (before I ever heard of HVX) it must be common. It was tagged Sagae which I know is wrong.

o

flower cluster reminds me of Blue Angel

o

Thank you

o

Hmmm, are those WHITE FLOWERS or not?
I just have to upload MY Blue Angel for comparison, even though it was planted in May 2010 in the ground and is not considered mature yet.
H. 'Blue Angel' blooms white

I've never seen a real H. hypoleuca, but it has very white leaf backs too. Check the HostaLibrary.org for that to see if it resembles your plant too.

o

I think they are lavender

o

there are only a handful of plants with PURE white flowers ...

most.. very early on the day of opening.. have at least.. a blush of purple...

ken

o

Hmmm...I'm thinking it may be Blue Mammoth, which has near white flowers and a thick underside bloom.

o

My Blue Angels blossoms open ALMOST pure white on day 1, showing very much like moccasinlanding'sphots depicts.
The photo seems to have a bluish cast so we aren't getting a true color to evaluate. Nothing is showing anywhere near white in the pic.

It's the camera settings because all four photos have a purple flush.

None of my Blue Angels have leaves that are cupped upwards (concave) like that. When I do vein counts and measurements I have to flatten their convex leaves upward.

I don't think they are Blue Angel.

Les

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here