Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

MOC!!!!! hosta emergency

i just rec'd this:

Also, my oldest son Joel relocated to Huntsville Alabama, so I will be going to Alabama a few times this summer. Where does Moccasin live � do you have her email?

Regards,

Bruce Banyai

====>>>>

send me an email thru my members page.. with your REAL EMAIL ADDRESS ... and i will forward the email to bruce ... and you two can take it from there ....

it will be a thrill of a lifetime ... the man.. has literally.. been playing in the dirt ... on his moms driveway.. with HOSTA .... for his entire life... lol ... [they live on the driveway.. if you hadnt heard ... lol]

ken

ps: if you have a local society ... work something out [like paying gas if sonny boy is on the opposite side of the state] .. but dont forgo a private meeting ...

pps: maybe Jo can restate this for me....wink wink ...

Comments (8)

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Hey, Ken! I wanna be there too! Lol wink wink

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Sorry, Ken - i better bump this back up! My bad!:-(

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

Ken- She does have her e-mail enabled on her "My Page".

-Babka

• brucebanyaihsta
    9 years ago

You guys are bad!

I have her email - thanks!

Hope to visit more gardens and people as I again travel the USA AND CANADA, after a few years of overseas work!

I am just another plant grower who happens to have some fun with people and plants!

Bruce Banyai

• User
    9 years ago

Don't worry, be happy, Ken.
    I am all adither here myself you betcha. Bruce makes an excellent ambassador of hosta.
    I will explore what you are saying in your original post, Ken, and if Bruce's schedule this first trip to Alabama is not long enough lead time to plan anything in Mobile, perhaps it can be proposed for his future trips.

At this time, my DH and I are planning a road trip to north Alabama after we hear Bruce's itinerary (i.e.travel dates), not to intrude on his time with family. I have family up that way myself, plus went to college in the Bham metropolitan area. And my DH was at Huntsville in the 1950s working on the rockets (the Army drafted the young men they needed to work with the Germans, long story, very interesting, and that is how I met this Irish New England guy in 1956, was engaged to him, mama interfered, etc). We wanted to take a memory tour ourselves, now that I have a new car.

BUT, to cut to the chase, I would drive further than that 350 or so miles from here to Huntsville, if I could share air space with Bruce anywhere NEAR a hosta! Nothing like a night drive. I can do that all night LONG!

It's 350 miles to Huntsville. We got a full tank of gas. ...It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.....HIT IT! Just gotta love the Blues Brothers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Its 106 miles to Chicago...

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OMG!!!

you stole my blues brothers link ... i suppose that Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....

i think the point is to visit your hosta nirvana ...

well.... i doubt this is what bruce wanted me to do.. lol ... but.. what the heck ...

isnt there a hosta garden somewhere in the middle ...

ken

• brucebanyaihsta
    9 years ago

Was thinking of stopping in Nashville area, as Cornelia and friends have excellent gardens there as well...

• User
    9 years ago

Ken, a hosta garden in the middle.....

.....of Alabama?

Hmmm, perhaps I can ask Judy Feldman who owns Hostas On The Hill near Birmingham. She is into the AHS etc, and would know the scoop there. Her nursery setup is in her home property, and I believe she has quite a few mature on display. Perhaps the Birmingham Botanical Gardens....but Judy would know about that. I'll email her now with a link to this thread.

Yes, don't want to mis-speak what is Bruce's intentions here. You and I together can really go off on a wild tangent, don't you agree?

I recall the old quote from Mohammed, which is, "If the mountain won't come to Mohammed, then Mohammed will come to the mountain.

But..... I don't think that means I should cart all my (500) pots to Mohammed, does it? :) wouldn't that be a hoot. Plus, I'd be enchanted to have Bruce stand right here, in my garden. I really want to know what he sees. I am bewitched, and cannot be an objective judge. He has seen the best many times, and I think HERE is a bit different, not in the same league, but as you told Don, "if you build it, they will come." I pay attention, you know. I also read between the lines.

This post is probably a bit too girly and effusive for you, but you get the idea. And, your Blues Brothers clip was so perfect, I had to include it.