Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gesila_gw

My Weekend Haul from Cory's

Gesila
12 years ago

I can't believe I got 16 hostas an 1 hardy begonia in the back of my Honda Fit!

My Son's - Gold Standard, Lunar Orbit, and Silver Crown (with the hardy begonia in the rear)

Allegan Fog and Atlantis (had to get small ones of these because I ran out of room)

Bobbie Sue, Final Summation, Bottom Line

Golden Sculpture, St. Paul, Nancy Gill

Montana in a 5 Gallon pot

Nigrescens and Guacamole

Cory's Beauty and Cory's Sweetheart

Comments (11)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    12 years ago

isnt this the 3rd haul since you quit for the year.. my god.. lol ...

did you know that the allegan series is named in regard to allegan county MI .. and founded by larry englerth ...

have you gone there yet??.. are they still in biz????

ken

• Steve Massachusetts
    12 years ago

These are $10 plants? Love Nancy Gill. I haven't seen that one before.

Steve

• hosta_freak
    12 years ago

You always seem the find the biggest hostas wherever you go,but I doubt I would travel all the way down into Ohio,just to find another hosta! Congrats on finding some more beauties! Hope you don't run out of room,or money! Phil

• in ny zone5
    12 years ago

I thought you wanted to rent a truck, then a Fit. You could have dumped all the soil, roll the plants in wet newspaper and stack them up in the back of your car to bring home more of them. These are nice plants though!
    Good luck! Bernd

• Gesila
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just so you all don't think I'm totally whacked out over hostas, I used to live in Ohio and have to transport children back and for summer visits. So Cory's was about 1-1/2 hours out of my way!

Ken, thanks for keeping track of my hauls! For some reason, I haven't kept track of that! As a matter of fact, the amount paid for my hostas is the only column in all of my spreadsheets that I don't have a total on. I'm in total denial! I called Englerth's number today, their phone is disconnected and the property is up for sale. Thanks for the info on Allegan hostas. I walked away from Allegan Fog many times, I actuallly thought this one was one of the best I'd seen.

Steve - yes, I paid $10 each for all of those hostas. Nancy Gill is a mix of Sum and Substance x pycnophylla x Montana. I'm hoping I might be able to give it a little bit of sun.

Bernd, while at Cory's I thought the same thing about the newspapers! Mr. Cory wasn't too keen on that idea though!

• paul_in_mn
    12 years ago

One of the 10 signs of a hostaholic - justifying that it wasn't that far out of my way.

Paul

• buckeye15
    12 years ago

That looks like a nice load! What can you tell us about Cory's Sweetheart? Neither the Hosta Library nor Zilis' Hostapedia have any info on it. Both list Cory's Beauty as a sport of Blue Mammoth.

I was planning a shopping trip to Columbus on Saturday. I might have to plan on going a little farther south while I am at it.

Also, Gesila, if you are looking for every oddball sport of Sum and Substance, I can give you a piece of Something Good. That is one you won't find very often...maybe with good reason.

• timhensley
    12 years ago

What great plants at such great prices! I have been wanting Golden Sculpture. It's a real beauty.

• aka_margo
    12 years ago

Cory's Sweetheart has been on my want list. My husband's name is Corey so I thought it would be nice to put next to my hosta Jen. Where is this place???? In another post they asked you know you're a hostaholic when? Well I think my post explains it all LOL
    Jen

• User
    12 years ago

Is this thread officially reopened now?
    Is anyone else headed to Cory's to shop?

And where is the thread about
    10 SIGNS YOU'RE A HOSTAHOLIC or
    YOU KNOW YOU'RE A HOSTAHOLIC IF/WHEN....

Who knows, you might just run into another GWebber while visiting Cory's.

• jeanne
    12 years ago

Oh, I have wanted Nigrescens FOREVER. Must remember to put bags in the car. Thanks for the bump moccasinlanding, the pictures are making me drool. :)

Jeanne