i purchased this as "Key Lime Pie"

does this look like a juvenile ??

plmk

thanks, jill

Key Lime Pie juvenile ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Key Lime Pie Juvenile ??

Sorry, but it was mislabeled. Looks more like Sunshine Glory to me.

o

Try Merry Sunshine or Sunshine Glory.

Paul

o

I don't think so. Key Lime Pie is a favourite of mine. I looked back to when I bought it in 2008 and never was it that bright color. It's color is subdued even in quite a bit of sun where mine is grown. Below are some pictures that might help you. Notice in the last one that the petioles are very purple.

KE1B83~1

Key Lime PIe 7-16-08 (27)

Key Lime Pie 6-12-11 (51)

Key Lime PIe 5-9-12 b (28)

o

SGlory was my first guess.. even before i saw chris' answer

ken

o

MacT, the color on the last picture, combining the lavender and the bright chartreuse/lime green, that's the favorite Crayon combination from my childhood. So beautiful together.
Another Olga hybrid, right? The lady is awesome with her plants. And you grow all of yours so well.

o

BJ,

Key Lime Pie was introduced by Hans Hansen. It's a sport of Squash Casserole and has many of the same growth characteristics.

The large gold, Key West, was bred by Olga Petrysen. Perhaps that was what you were thinking of.

Steve

o

here is my "Sunshine Glory" i got in 2009...

but take a look at Caliloo's "Orange Crush" in her post "A Few More" down the page a little...

jill

Sunshine Glory

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here