Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gesila_gw

Look What My DH Brought Home!

Gesila
10 years ago

Sumsational - a sport of Sum & Substance.
Sir Richard - was on the top of my wish list.
Sacramento - a sport of Sutter's Mill, not yet in the Hosta Library.

Magic Fire - a sport of Sagae, Don Rawson had one growing in full sun that was breathtaking.
On Fire - New introduction, can't find anything about it anywhere.
Lakeside Paisley Print - has been on my list for 3 years!

Orange Marmalade - replacement for the one I lost over the winter.
Emerald Charger - had to have after Moc posted a picture.
Golden Meadows - a lot of talk about this one on the forum, now I can join in.

I know the real motive behind his kindness is that he really wants to go down to Olga's gardens at the end of this month and attend her hosta sale. I think I'm in for a good month here!

Gesila

Comments (15)

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    10 years ago

Wow. You got some beautiful hostas!

If your DH's motive has to do with going down to Olga's gardens at the end of this month, then you are one lucky girl---twice!

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    10 years ago

Wow, your DH is a bonus! Some really beautiful plants there.

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    10 years ago

Wow what a score! Sounds like your DH is as addicted as you are! Now I want that Lakeside Paisley Print.

Have fun with your new babies!

Linda

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Ditto EXACTLY what New Hosta Lady wrote!

Don B.

Great haul!!!!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

What a wonderful guy! Mine is really proud that he now knows what a hosta looks like. ;)

• hostafreak
    10 years ago

Really nice! My DW couldn't care less what I do in the garden,although she did pick out a few nice hostas in the past,such as Rich Uncle,and Old Glory. Phil

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

Olga's hosta sale - so that's how he knew what to buy. MY DH says they're all green. Sir Richard and On Fire look like wonderful plants. The Lakeside Paisley Print has as many leaves as the one that's been in my garden just over a year, so he did well there, too. Mine is starting to get that fabulous - I don't know what you call it - texture? corrugation? Can't wait to see it four or five years.

I was going to say you are so lucky - but maybe two hostaholics in one family is a dangerous thing! (BG)

• irawon
    10 years ago

You are a very lucky lady, Gesila. That husband of yours is a very definite keeper!!

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Ha ha ha ha ha I guess it's a start, Cyn! : )

Don B.

• netcub
    10 years ago

Sir Richard is Gorgeous, and Lakeside Paisley Print will definitely pass the 10 foot rule! May I ask where you live in z5?

• Gesila
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the comments everyone. He must REALLY want to visit Olga's gardens, he already has all the markers made for these hostas!

Netcub, we live just SW of Grand Rapids, MI.

Gesila

• Cher
    10 years ago

Great surprises. He did exceptionally well on his choices. Guess that makes an upcoming trip worth doing. :)
    Cher

• hosta-see
    10 years ago

Gasila, Where is Olga's gardens and when is her sale? Did your DH buy the hostas from Romence's in Portage? They have a great selection of plants!
    Gary

• Gesila
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gary, yes, these hostas came from Romence Gardens in Portage. We've bought about 80 hostas from them.

Here's the flyer from the Great Lakes Region Hosta Society. The sale will be June 29 and June 30.

Not sure exactly where Olga lives since she moved, but I believe it's in or near Porter County, Indiana. We are also going to visit the gardens and hosta sale of Bev and Dave Stegeman.

I've attached the flyer.

Gesila

Here is a link that might be useful: Hosta Garden Tours and Sales

• almosthooked zone5
    10 years ago

What a lucky lady! My DH sits outside the nurseries and waits and waits and waits! He does bring me large rocks , manure and the odd pieces of drift wood he rescues out of the burn area but buy hosta. heh! He still calls them the green things.