Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

A fragrance in my garden this way comes

User
10 years ago

When I took my coffee out to the hosta for a walkabout, before I reached it I was met with the sweetest scent ever.....and wondered what it might be. Could ONE or TWO at most of my fragrants be putting out all that much fragrance?

Geezzzzzz, something was different for sure.
It never happened when Ginzu Knife bloomed--although it has beautiful white trumpet flowers. But now two different fragrant hosta opened yesterday. Hadspen White, and Moonlight Sonata. So I took pictures of them to share with you.

The fragrance lasted for about 10 minutes before the breeze picked up and took it away from me. If it was around in the wee hours of the morning, I might have to camp out (with good skeeter spray) and wait for it to arrive. I believe a good third of my hosta are fragrant, with varying degrees of fragrance, of course, but when the heavy hitters start sharing their fragrances, it is going to be "almost heaven" in my Back40!

Hadspen White

Moonlight Sonata

But of course, Holly's Dazzler opened some of her gorgeous blooms yesterday too.....could she be highly perfumed as well as beautiful?

And then soon to open, Flower Power

Hopefully the hummingbirds, the Luna Moths, the bats, will all find their way to my garden for these once-a-year treats. I am more excited about it now than ever before.

Comments (3)