Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
idighosta

Earth Angel streaked sport

idighosta
9 years ago

I bought this Earth Angel 2 years ago because it was so streaked. Looks impressive in the garden.

Comments (21)

• idighosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's a full view.

• User
    9 years ago

Earth Angel is shown as having NO progeny, so if it is sporting to a streaked version, you should be a happy person. Where did you get it?

Pretty sporty looking plant. Nice!

• idighosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It is an Earth Angel as you can see by some of the leaves on one of the eyes. I bought it at WalMart while sport shopping. It was shoved in the back and left for dead because of it's pale appearance next to the normal Earth Angels I think. People looked at me kind of strangely at the check out counter ha ha, but I knew what I had!

• woodnative
    9 years ago

That is awesome!!! I found one last year.....a small plant with a small eye that was streaked. I got rid of all but the small streaked eye. It came back better this year.....not as nice as yours though!! Has yours set seed? Very nice!

• idighosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I didn't really watch it last year for seeds, but I will this year. Good luck with your sport.

• leafwatcher
    9 years ago

I have a friend that works at Walmart.. he said he would like to apologize for the defective plant.. If you would please dig it up and send it to ME LEAFWATCHER, I will get your 5 bucks or so back to you.. or maybe a nice Francee or the "GREEN ONE" in exchange..

:P

• miketropic
    9 years ago

Will it let me write badass? If so that is serously badass..would love to have that in my garden..let me know when you open up gor bids lol

• miketropic
    9 years ago

Will it let me write badass? If so that is serously badass..would love to have that in my garden..let me know when you open up gor bids lol

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    9 years ago

Very nice, looks like you spotted a real treasure! I always look, even at Big Box stores. Mismarked stuff shows up all the time. I'm just careful about quarantining new plants.

• idighosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, glad you all like it! I have about 200 varieties of hosta now and always enjoy watching for sports. Oh yah thanks LEAFWATCHER I'll get right on that ha ha! That's hilarious!

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

What a great find. That's what I call a successful 'sportfishing' trip.

Don b.

• timhensley
    9 years ago

Beautiful plant!

• hostahosta
    9 years ago

Idig: What a treasure you found. I need to start doing some sport fishing.

• unbiddenn
    9 years ago

Wow is that ever gorgeous!

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

My Earth Angel has been growing veeeery sloooowly, so I've barely looked at it this season. Well, i looked at it today, and found two solid-colored gold eyes growing on it. I hope it's a sport. I'm sure it's happened to someone's, somewhere, but not aware of it for a fact. No known progeny listed in the Hosta Library. Could be interesting, if only for my garden.

Don B.

• hostanista
    9 years ago

SPORTFISHING!

Love that term, Don!

• User
    9 years ago

Don, you know I love the golds. So why not put up a picture of your two eyes. Are they the same? Like with my Summer Serenade, it had two greenie eyes this year which I surgically removed from the crown.

I think there is always room for a good strong gold with the attributes of Earth Angel/Blue Angel. Good for your Earth Angel.

• idighosta
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I posted this years picture of her. Saved some seeds also.

• woodnative
    6 years ago

Looks great getting bigger!!

• sandyslopes z6 n. UT
    6 years ago

Thanks for the update. It's gorgeous!!!