Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Before and half way

Posted by jarih none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 14:58

I made this month ago and it was very empty

Photobucket

Now ther is couple mature hostas and mostly newbies: Orange Star, Frisian Pride, Mouling Rouge, Foxfires, Private Dancer, Lemontini ...

Photobucket

Still room for new ones, I am waiting Sebright shipment..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Before and half way

What a great start. You will really have fun watching them grow (and get crowded!). Looks like you are hooked.
Jan

o

I count roughly 40 - yowsers you've been busy this spring.

Paul

o

Well, speaking from experience, that's roughly what my garden looked like 5 years ago. Now, nearly every other hosta is crowded out. Unless you have planted a bunch of small/mediums, you better have plans for where you're going to move 'em!

o

I am hooked - there is room only for 20 hostas. There is Empress Wu and Radiant Star in that bed and everything between them. Maybe this summer I don't move them but next year...

o

If you're already planning to move them next year, I'd do it this year.

It'll be an easier job and you won't be causing transplant shock twice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here