Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheesecake983

What Kind of Hostas are These?

cheesecake983
12 years ago

I must admit, I've never grown hostas before. I've only planted one, which my husband bought because it was on sale. Some of my hostas look sad (to me) because, I think, they are far too close together. I don't know how old they are because I've only lived in my home for 9 months. The previous homeowner did not have a green thumb - she didn't even cut her own grass (it's a .2 acre plot!) If you could help me out by naming my hostas, I'd appreciate it! I know you all are kind and helpful - I've been reading your posts for a couple of days :) Thanks! - Rachel

These are the main hostas. They've been attacked by slugs, I think, since the leaves are holey. Do I need to divide and re-situate some of them? I feel like they are too crowded.

A close-up. The flower part just popped up last week.

These hostas seem to be doing well - no slug holes. I hope they keep growing so I can spread them out along the house.

This one is really small - at least right now. My hubby may have planted it, too. Could it be a "Minuteman"? That's what the other one we planted is.

Thanks so much for your help! I'm enjoying "hosta growing" so far :)

Comments (6)