Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harbor Lane Gardens - Gathering during AHS Convention

Posted by idiothe 4 MN (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 16:01

INVITATION

If you will be in the Twin Cities during the AHS Convention, Jim and Sheila Hartmann (aka "The Idiots") would like to invite you to a gathering on the deck at Harbor Lane Gardens on

Friday, June 25
6 PM until ???

We'll have a variety of beverages, snacks, and horses ovaries (in French they say "hors d'oeuvers"). We're all going to be tired by that time, so don't worry about bringing stuff. If you want something more substantial than snacks and conversation, there are lots of places, fast food and otherwise, to eat nearby - we'll include details...

We'd like to get an idea of how many folks might attend, so give us a yes or a maybe... and also let us know if you need a ride.

email us at hlghartmann@gmail.com and we'll start a list and provide directions.

The convention schedule for Friday has us touring in the morning, then they serve us lunch and hold the auction in the afternoon. Dinner is "on your own." We figured since most folks will be leaving the hotel anyway, that would be the perfect evening to gather and swap some lies and connect faces with online "handles." We have a large deck, a screened porch, a tiny house, one fully functional bathroom, and about a half-acre garden with a few hostas...

And feel free to bring friends - they don't have to be forum folks... the more the merrier!

We are fifteen minutes, all simple freeway, from the convention hotel - when it isn't rush hour... of course, at six it will still be the end of a Friday rush hour, so figure a half hour or so. We'd be glad to give rides, and assume some of those who would be driving on their own wouldn't mind a hitchhiker or two as well. Arrangements can be finalized later... right now we just want to get on your calendar... and "maybe's" are OK - we know some plans might change, we're just trying to figure out if it will be 5 or 50...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harbor Lane Gardens - Gathering during AHS Convention

Thanks for the invite - I plan to stop and visit.

Paul

o

I'll be there too!

o

Count me in.

o

Bump!

o

Jim - you and Sheila are always so good to me! If I am in town that weekend I will volunteer to come over and help so you and Sheila can be outside having fun with your guests! I should know next week.

Teresa

o

I think my friend and I would be intersted--I'll send you a email. Thank you!

o

I would be interested too!

o

I should make it clear... the gathering is for all hosta folks, especially those who share in the hosta forum communities at Gardenweb and Hallsons. If you are a local and not attending the convention, you are still welcome to come to the party. Not everybody has the time or $$$ to do the convention - but, hey... we're free!

o

Hello Jim and Sheila... Lee from Schaumburg. I'll... Trying in vain to find a field clump of H. Sultana... would you have ten or more divisions to sell ? Or trade... Or any info about getting that many from someone you can recommend... That is quite a collection you have... Saw it on the Hallsons forum... Would love to see it someday .Thank you so much. Lee

o

hey dork ..... did you see the email address included in the original post ...

you might get a faster reply if you email them direct ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here