Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heart Shape

Posted by Hostanista 5B (Ont) (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 16:30

I SWEAR I DID NOT doctor this photo. It's the slug's way of telling me he really LOVES Liberty, I guess.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heart Shape

I think that's the first time that I've EVER thought a slug chew hole was cute! Lol

o

Awwwww, how SWEET of the slug. Not!!!

Don B.

o

That's a patriotic slug to love Liberty. Maybe tomorrow you'll find a star. ;-)

o

You have American slugs living in your plants now, Hostanista.

There goes the neighborhood!

Don B.

o

American slugs, lol.
Even though this looks like a very talented slug, I think a maple leaf cutout is expecting way too much.

o

First there was John Wilkes (English). Wilkes-Barre is named after him. And then remember the slogan of the French Revolution: "Liberte, égalité, fraternité." Americans don't have a corner on Liberty! But yeah, there's Nathan Hale.

Steve

o

You have to find and protect that slug! It wants to tell you something to get your attention. Perhaps he/she can speak American. Some religions believe in reincarnation. Give him/her your best hostas to eat.

This post was edited by berndnyz5 on Wed, Jun 18, 14 at 19:36

o

If he/she came back as a slug, I think that's because he/she was bad in the previous incarnation. No hostas to eat!

Don B.

o

I wish I could remember who it was doing a kill test with a slug she found in a certain flower pot, and spoke of its movements around the pot and finding itself blocked from exiting, and how it seemed to have some sort of intellect.......I could feel that naming it was coming next. :) It is one I never will forget, the slug lasted a few days in fact, but I forget what done him in.

So I guess a slug can make a heart out of "love."
:)

Ahhh, slug stories. hehehehehe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here