Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul_in_mn

My 1st Spring pics.....

paul_in_mn
9 years ago

...and sadly it's almost summer. Lots of soft emerging colors after the recent rains.

Delta Dawn - moved this one a few years back and it is starting to respond

Olive Branch

Regal Twist - new addition, a sport of Krossa Regal

Summer Breeze

Aristocrat - had a nice leap this year and margins are starting to widen again after getting moved.

Regal Supreme - 2nd yr, sport of Krossa Regal

Pistache - slow to add divisions, love the colors

Fireworks - also had a nice jump

Blue River - my favorite color combination

Jaz - starting to become a nice clump

Thanks for looking.

Paul

Comments (15)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

about time.. eh???

by the calender.. springs almost over.. lol ... bet you thought they would never come on.. up here in the great cold north ...

thx for the pix

ken

• beverlymnz4
    9 years ago

Nice pictures Paul. It's only the 2nd of June. Still plenty of hosta time left for pictures. I have considered a couple of these. For example Pistache. It is very unique.

Beverly

• Gesila
    9 years ago

Nice pics Paul. I really love the color on Blue River.

I still have some that are small pips!

Gesila

• stoc zone 6 sweden
    9 years ago

Nice looking hostas,Mine are still opening in the other northern part of the world.

• coll_123
    9 years ago

lovely as always, Paul. It pretty much feels like "early Spring" here too.

• TheHostaCottage
    9 years ago

As always, your plants are gorgeous, Paul.
    I have added Regal Twist to my want list ;)
    Vanessa

• mountainy man z8 Ireland
    9 years ago

Lovely pics Paul, better late than never. I really like the look of Blue River.

Denis

• paul_in_mn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ken, no problem with spring desication this year, lol.

Beverly, I would pick up Pistache again in a second.

Gesila and Denis, Blue River looked like it maybe had a little streaking when I got it, now I think it was more likely margins running down into center of leaf. It had a Toy Soldier type line around the dark areas last year.

stoc and coll thanks for the comments.

Vanessa, only pics I've seen of Regal Twist make it look unruly, so we'll see in a few years.

Paul

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Such lovely hostas, Paul! Love, love Pistache! Blue River leaf shot is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your pics - I've been waiting with anticipation. :-). You have a lot of different hostas I recall and many mature ones among them. I hope we see many more of them as the season heats up.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

Very nice, Paul. You have some choice selections.

Thanks.

tj

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    9 years ago

Very nice hostas - was it worth the wait? I would love to be able to find Pistache.

• hosta_freak
    9 years ago

Nice plants,Paul! Maybe my hostas would have looked different if they had come up a little later? The freeze did a number on mine. a lot are coming back really well,though. I got a Regal Supreme last year,and it is looking good so far. Thanks for sharing! Phil

• paul_in_mn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Updated pic of Aristocrat at mid-season...tree smutz and all. Starting to regain margin width after getting moved a few years ago. One of my favorites.

Paul

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Paul, I'm heartened to see your huge Aristocrat! It is simply beautiful in its markings and wider margin coming in ..... which is what caught my eye back in 2011 when I bought mine. Then last year I found pill bugs under it, potted it and it has yet to be planted...still small but beautiful. Seeing your mature one has moved me to do it today! Thank you! :-)

• paul_in_mn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Happy to give a nudge :-)

Updated pic with mid-season colors for Pistache. Would love to see a spurt and some filling out of this one. Patience, I must have patience....

Paul

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!