Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta of the Day - Hanky Panky

Posted by evermore z 4b/5a NB (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 16:48

Had to have this one the minute I laid eyes on it. A sport of Striptease with a few of its characteristics, Hanky Panky forms a smaller mound and displays a leaf pattern like no other.
Hanky Panky 2013 photo IMG_0727.jpg

Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta of the Day - Hanky Panky

Steve, you have some of the best hosta. Thanks for the pic.

Don B.

o

I agree. That leaf pattern is outstanding!

It was this week that I added Striptease and Kiwi Full Monty to my holdings, to go with Gypsy Rose. Are you enticing me to add Hanky Panky....as well as my wish listed Snake Eyes? That might be necessary later, eh......:)

o

Steve,

Does it change over time, or keep the same coloring all season?

Steve_mass

o

Hey, Moccasins, don't stop there! Add Obscene Gesture while you're at it!!!!

My daughter bought it last year for ...you ready for this? One little eye/3 little leaves... $35 ...this year the owner dropped her price to 25 ... Hmmmm ... Apparently it was fairly new and expensive to begin with..too pricey for me...I'll get piece when it's a 'big kid' or 'graduates' lol. It is lovely tho'. I babysat it for a month or so until it had to go home. Maybe you have one already?

o

Steve_mass,

Hosta Library shows several variations of this one and says that it changes seasonally. Since I planted mine in 2010, it has looked pretty much as you see it. There are hints of yellow, but not the bright yellow shown in HL. Mine gets solid shade in morning and dappled shade from noon on. Maybe more sun would bring out the yellow and the changes. Live and learn!

Steve

o

• Posted by mbug none (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 21:26

Thanks for keeping it going Steve
One of my favorites too
Hanky Panky photo HankyPanky-1.jpg

Hanky Panky photo HankyPanky.jpg

o

Yes, Hanky Panky will change colors over the season. Margin will darken and center will lighten.

Paul

o

• Posted by Eleven Michigan 6A (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 14:15

Hanky Panky

o

Steve, it changes as the season goes on. If you look at this pic you can see it changing now. From drab to fab. . lol

photo hankypanky.jpg

o

Hanky Panky
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

My Hanky Panky reverses colors during the year,going from green center,to green margins,and starts to look more like Striptease,but the early spring colors are neat! Phil

o

Mine has been a slower grower for me.

Hanky Panky 2013 photo HankyPanky20130522_zps9a65cbff.jpg

Gesila

o

The first pic is 2012 and the next one is 2013 both taken around the same time of year. I think a lot of the colour difference is the camera - the moss is lighter this year, too in the pic compared to 2012. I really like Hanky Panky, it is a nice size, symmetrical and pretty.

HankyPanky photo HankyPanky.jpg

Hanky Panky photo 026.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here