Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwtamara

More on Photo Uploading

gwtamara
11 years ago

Hi folks!

We've been doing some more tweaks and I think you'll be happy with the results. Here's what's up:

No more resizing! We've upped the size restriction from 250kb to 5 meg, so for most photos, you shouldn't have to resize them before uploading.

If you would like to share photos on our Photo Galleries - Garden or Home- it will automatically generate a coded url that will allow you to cut and paste the url into this window so that your photo will magically appear. ;)

Unfortunately, you can't upload more than one photo per post.

Please ignore the Uploading Images instructions below - they'll change once we roll out the changes to all forums.

Any questions, let me know!

Comments (16)

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Well, let's try it then.

Lakeside Cha Cha pictured below.

Steve

• paul_in_mn
    11 years ago

test at 953kb - looks like GW is downsizing automatically in this case to 44kb.

Paul

• paul_in_mn
    11 years ago

Test at 204kb also downsized to 44kb. Seems to be easier to add a pic, but at a loss of size/detail. Sticking with Photobucket.

Paul

• hostamanphil
    11 years ago

I have tried to post pics lately and had given up. I will have to give it another try. Phil

• hostamanphil
    11 years ago

Here is Great Expectations. Phil

• hostamanphil
    11 years ago

I think that I will go back to being a lurker. Phil

• User
    11 years ago

Phil, lurking? No no. But I clicked your photo and wound up in......outer space? could not get the image to enlarge for me.

Well, I gotta try one of my whopper photos I think 8 or 12 mb, but don't recall which.

White Dove x 2 from Mason Hollow in NH. Very nice sized small hosta plants, and I like em a lot. I gave up on Masquerade, it totally melted down on me before June even started. This is about as much white as I can deal with.

• User
    11 years ago

Tamara, in the previous version of the photo uploading change, we could click on the image and it would become larger. Now it remains constant.

I speak for myself, and I assume others might agree, the images on this forum are used to identify possible plant disease, or just plant identity, and it would be important to have the image larger at some point. Newcomers to GWeb may have no photo album account such as Flickr or Photobucket to use, and for a single question it might not be worth creating such an account. So this option for a direct upload is great.....just how can it be fixed to view a larger image at some point?

Could it be CROPPED to reduce the posted size, and a magnification of maybe 3 or 4 times once we click on it?
    Thanks for dealing with the photo issues. It's wonderful to be able to add photos in all the ways GW permits.

• bkay2000
    11 years ago

When I see a GW photo, I don't even bother to click on it. You can't tell anything about the plant, as the resolution is too low. It's better than downsizing your own photo, though. That's why I never post on Hallson's forum. I have to downsize my photos.

That's just me, though. Other's may find it works for them.

bkay

• ogrefcf
    11 years ago

Test, yep looks like it re sizes it automatically.

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

Nope, not the same. See uploaded photo at end.

...just an excuse to post my Striptease...er, hosta that is.

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

OOps, lost it by editing the post.

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Jonny - I don't suppose you have yellow lines painted on your driveway, so does that mean that if a motorist slips off the pavement he runs over your beautiful striptease - having been distracted by your beautiful striptease (hosta that is.)?
    Jan

• gardenfanatic2003
    11 years ago

Bummer that they don't get any bigger when you click on them. :-(

Deanna

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

having been distracted by your beautiful striptease (hosta that is.)?

Comment of the day.

Steve

• User
    11 years ago

Do you have the Striptease listed on your homeowner's insurance in case it gets smushed by a car dodging a pothole?