Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mr_gary

June in the month of June

mr_gary
10 years ago

Hosta June looking very Royal this first day of June. Love this hosta and I'm very much looking forward to it's 5th year of maturity. This is the 2nd year it has come up in my garden. Notice H. First Frost trying to ease in the photo lower left corner. Gary

Comments (19)

• User
    10 years ago

Beautiful Junes you have, Gary. Nice bed they are in too.
    Glad you included the name of the other hosta, because one day it might be asked of you, what IS that hosta in the corner! :)

My picture is of Paul's Glory and June almost in June, not quite, will have to do for now since I took so many photos in May I am worn out.....but now everything is sprouting scapes and opening blooms, and the heart of every hosta begs to be appreciated, so I am bizzzzzzzyyyy.

• vivian_2010 (IL Zone 5a)
    10 years ago

Gary and Moc, Your Junes look so beautiful. I am still new at hostas so most of mine are in their 2nd or 3rd year. Here is my June taken today. She grows super fast. I got her in a 1 G pot last August. Now she has doubled the size (almost 3 feet wide)! She got several hours of afternoon sun so color is lighter.

• mr_gary
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Moccasinlanding, it's so funny your June is with my other favorite. Just thought I'd share a pic of my Pauls Glory with Lakeside Cupcake and a young Dancing Queen, also with a little Solomon Seal for good measure. LOL! @ the heart of every hosta begs to be appreciated. Gary

• mr_gary
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Vivian, your June is fabulous. My hosta garden is only two years old as well so the same is true for me, I'm rather new to this all but I really enjoy it. Gary

• User
    10 years ago

Vivian, your June is amazing. From one gallon to 3 feet is a big jump in one year. It still has its blue margins too. Beautiful shape.

We are all three probably two or three years into this hosta addiction, you know. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well....so I've thrown my heart into it, and haven't regretted it for a minute.

(Excuse me, I have a bluebird trying to catch a spider on my window muntins!...don't want it to be hurt....its babies need to be fed...) In this nest box....

• marquest
    10 years ago

Lovely Gary, love your garden bed.

Viv your June is big and pretty.

When I moved 3 years ago I divided her and put some in sun and some in shade. I have had June for 6 years.

Yes June is my favorite,

{{gwi:230745}}

• mbug_gw
    10 years ago

No such thing as too many June's
    {{gwi:1038370}}

• eclecticcottage
    10 years ago

Mine is SO much more yellow...I am still wondering if I have June Fever instead...

• almosthooked zone5
    10 years ago

electrricottage, I think yours is a June fever and still very pretty. This is my June fever and looks the same as yours
    Faye

• WILDernessWen
    10 years ago

I've been thinking about doing an entire bed of just June. She even grows in my yucky heat of the day sun garden. I've started adding sun loving perennials around her. What's not to love? WW

• almosthooked zone5
    10 years ago

You are so right wilderness what is not to like as far as the June family . I have a bed of June family plants and all are as nice as the other. I have two June and both are completely different in color tone, one gets more light then the other but both are just in their second year so not super large yet. I can hardly wait to see them large!

• almosthooked zone5
    10 years ago

my other June

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

June pics?? I'm in! : )

Don B.

• mctavish6
    10 years ago

• mr_gary
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Matavish that is one fine specimen of a June hosta. Nice!

• mbug_gw
    10 years ago

Two Junes:
    1. Young June...gets a lot of sun. You can see the contrast in the emerging leaves

2. Only filtered sun...keeps color in this location and seems to be growing at a good rate

• Ludicious Acres
    10 years ago

One of my favorites !!! There are some fabulous specimens presented here. McTavish, you never cease to amaze. :)

Eclecticottage . I would also throw in my vote that you have June Fever.

Here is my June on 05/30/2013 . . . still a youngling, but growing up nicely.

• Eleven
    10 years ago

Here's my larger June.

• woodnative
    10 years ago

Here is my 'June' in June with a little bit of debri on it but otherwise looking GREAT!