Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
id hosta description

Posted by alyciaadamo 3/4 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 7, 11 at 17:59

on facebook I saw a picture of a Hosta leaf and was wondering what it was- It looks like it might be a medium to large hosta. The leaf is green in the middle then a large white margin then the edge is green again. The edge is also wavy, the shape of the leaf looks a little like a Montana A. leaf. I asked the person but because I don't know this person and they don't know me, they haven't responded and probably won't, who could blame them. It looks like a really interesting hosta and was wondering if it had a name.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: id hosta description

Sounds like Hosta 'Quiet Waters'
It's not doing well in Tissue Culture, so it'll be a while till we see it in the marketplace. The people who discovered it have said "don't hold your breath for 2012"

Honestly, I think it's the most gorgeous hosta I've ever seen.

o

That is a very beautiful hosta, and if it's having difficulty in TC, then it's probably going to be a pricey one, I would think. Definitely one I would like to have.

Karen

o

oh oh oh that is so it thank you ! That is soooo on the top of my want list!!!!

o

From what I've read on another forum, looks like canadians are going to be the lucky one's that get first shot at it. It is a Beautiful Hosta, I'd sure love to have it in my collection!

o

Well I am right on the border maybe I could drive over and try to get one :P Or maybe I can get my neighbor to get me one-he originally lives in Canada but is having some citizenship issues, but his wife still lives there (really long story)oooh I think I am forming a plan..........

o

Alycia -and all others- keep an eye on the breeder's website, Shades of Green Hostas, for updates with respect to availability. It'll be a while.....

Pieter

Here is a link that might be useful: Shades of Green Hostas

o

oohhhhhh aaahhhhhhhhhh ooohhhhh aaaaahhhhhhhhh

o

aaaOOOOOga!
I'm envisioning that plant and a mature Lakeside Paisley Print in my yard.
A quick Google says there is also a Quiet Water Disturbed.
Any photos of THAT one?
Stunning.

o

I want this so bad, I feel like I'm going to give myself seizures if I look at the picture any longer.

To the hybridizer who has this little jewel in their back pocket I say-- Shut up and take my money.

o

Anyone have an update on this one?

o

That is one beautiful *&$%#@ plant! Can I say that on this forum?

Don B.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here