Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul_in_mn

I've got the summer hosta blues

paul_in_mn
15 years ago

A couple of blues to share. If you got the blues add your pics.

Blue Arrow - One of my first Blues.

{{gwi:920309}}

Blue Shadows - neighbor owns the mama for this one - free hostas are always great.

{{gwi:920310}}

Krossa Regal - this is set of 3 in a triangle. In the right light they look dusty grey. Bonus blue in front - Blue Cadet. By Sept the Krossas will have almost eaten the Cadets.

{{gwi:1001825}}

Hope you enjoy!

Paul

Comments (17)

• talynnp
    15 years ago

Outstanding!!!! These are some beauties. Love the leaf on the Blue Arrow. Blue Shadows looks very interesting, because I LOVE this look. Kind of looks a bit like Tok Aureo, don't you think?

Tanya

• inlimbo
    15 years ago

Yikes, Paul! These plus the ones you posted yesterday are spectacular -

You have gorgeous plants and a great eye for combinations.

Jealous, here.

• botanybabe
    15 years ago

Okay you asked for it. I'm trying to post ones either that are new or you haven't seen before:

Blue Umbrellas

Tokudama Aureomarginata/nebulosa I don't know which:

Blue Cadet

Baby Bunting

Eola Sapphire

Lainey

• Janice
    15 years ago

Those 'Krossa Regals' are just stunning--can't wait till mine get like that! All the pics. so far are so beautiful I just love the 'blues'!!!

And, of course there's 'Blue Angel':

'Blue Jay':

Elegans:

Not the best pic. of 'Powder Blue' and 'Earth Angel':

And one more, 'Elvis Lives' below 'Blue Umbrellas':

Okay--I posted this in another thread but it qualifies here, as well:

Oh---I can't leave out 'Fragrant Blue'--one of my favorite photos of 2006:

• Carole Westgaard
    15 years ago

But what IS that gorgeous one that is next after 'Elvis Lives under Blue Umbrellas'???? It's the second-to-last, before Fragrant Blue. I LOVE IT!

Westy

• woodthrush
    15 years ago

Elegans - measured 54" across when I took the photo last week.
    Northern Exposure is to the right

• Janice
    15 years ago

Oops, sorry--Westy that is 'Cutting Edge' one of my favorites for sure!!

How's that shoulder??

Woodthrush--love your 'Elegans', can't wait till mine gets like yours, too--and 'Northern Exposure' is awesome!!

Janice

• paul_in_mn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tanya, Tok Aureo and Blue Shadows appear to be very similar - but like you I love that color combination.

Botanybabe, like the Blue Umbrellas - What do you think, is this a must have?

Janice, thanks for posting pics - Cutting Edge went on my list. Added Blue Jay to the list earlier this summer.

Woodthrush, nice combination - Northern Exposure looks similar to American Halo - both on list but if similar, one would do (for now).

Paul

• jbranch
    15 years ago

Hey J: what is the blue with the rippled edge, in the picture just before Fragrant Blue?

• Janice
    15 years ago

jb--that's 'Cutting Edge'!! I love it!!!

Does 'Krossa Regal' qualify as a blue?

I've just gotten this 'Aristocrat' this year:

I wish it weren't losing it's glaucous coating already!

• nchostaqueen
    15 years ago

Big Daddy, El Nino, Sky Light and Blue Angel

• Janice
    15 years ago

Oops--I shouldn't be posting so late--make the one in my last post 'Regal Splendor'!!

• Janice
    15 years ago

I consider 'Earth Angel' to be a type of blue, also! Here's a better pic. of the one that is in the corner of a previous posting,
    although the blue doesn't show so well in this photo, either!

• paul_in_mn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HeyJ, beautiful photos - hope you run a screensaver with all those photos so you can see them over and over again.

Paul

• Janice
    15 years ago

Why, thank you, Paul!! You are very kind--and I'd love to do the screensaver thing, and had just been thinking about looking into
    doing just that! I'm going to consult my son inlaw on the 'how to' when he gets back from his trip to China and Japan--business
    trip---after he rests awhile--of course!:o)

I thought of another one I have that I consider very blue--though smaller--'First Frost':

• i_dig_it
    15 years ago

Sleeping Beauty
    {{gwi:1001827}}

Pewterware
    {{gwi:1001829}}

Salute

• Janice
    15 years ago

Found another 'blue' earlier this evening--and taking this pic. at dusk really brought the blue out!! It looks really odd, with the
    'Guardian Angel' leaves also in the pic. on the right! The clue, that the color was not tweaked to be more blue, is the edge
    of the leaf of 'Katie Q' at the upper right and a couple of the leaves of the daylillies!

Dusk definitely had an effect on bringing out the 'blues', all over my garden!!! :o) Was really fun snapping pics. in that lighting!!

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor