Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steve_mass

Sanford Garden

On the Sunday of First Look weekend we visited 3 gardens. Two of these I had seen before. However the previous visits to the garden of O'Brien Nursery and the garden of Bill Meyer and Carol Brashear had been limited by time and bad weather. More on those gardens later.

The garden I had not seen before belonged to Matt Sanford and it was absolutely spectacular. Easily as beautiful as a convention garden.

Every garden reflects the interests and personality of the gardener and this was true of the Sanford garden. It's sort of a cross between a collector's garden and a hybridizer's garden. Only 1/2 acre in a CT suburb, it is very well tended, organized and just plain gorgeous.

Before the show I want you to see this seedling of Matt's. It was my favorite plant I saw all weekend, bar none. This stunning plant has been given the garden name H. Madison. He planted it next to Skylight to compare its color. It is easily as blue and has as much wax as Skylight with upright form and wavy ruffled leaves. Oh yeah it has dusty purple petioles also. A beautiful distinctive and unique plant. Here's a pic.

H. Madison on the left. H. Skylight on the right.

Click the link below.

Here's the Slide Show Sanford Garden.

Steve

Comments (11)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio