Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
josephines67

Paul's Glory fans

I finally did it! I finally ticked another one off my ***Want List*** which, for some strange reason isn't diminishing in size, lol.

Two ticks, actually because it also satisfies my quest for collecting as many HOTY's as I can. Up to 11 now. :-). Paul's Glory was The AHGA Hosta of the Year for 1999.

I'm also happy to note that I already have a sport of Paul's Glory called Fingerprint, recently acquired. Who knew??? :-). I'm picking them like I knew what I was doing, but I don't! I'm dumbfounded...first American Sweetheart, now Paul's Glory. Hmmmmm, good things come in threes....

Got any mature Paul's Glory photos to send to the top of the class?

Comments (15)

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    9 years ago

I bought Paul's Glory in 2012 as a pretty good sized plant. It has grown a lot and is one of my favorites (snails love it too). I love the color changes it goes thru, mine is now starting to lighten up a lot.

Linda

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

Paul's Glory (left) and Gold Standard planted circa 1996.

tj

Here is a link that might be useful: Year long progression

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Linda, I hope mine shows as much colour as yours as it grows - I really welcome the variations.

Tj, I like the pair together also and thank you for the link! That was before I joined...I just realized I passed my first anniversary on this forum - June 18th! :-). How quickly a year has passed.

Jo

• anniegolden
    9 years ago

My PG is in dappled morning sun, afternoon shade. Planted 4 years ago.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Annie, love the colouration in that location and mature corrugation - a lovely specimen, and accompanied by a pretty tradescantia too! :-)

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    9 years ago

Jo, Mine gets quite a bit of sun...it will lighten up even more later in the summer. Some of the leaves on the other sunnier side of the plant are already starting to show the parchment color. Here is a picture of it last year showing more color. It was still planted in a pot then where it was protected from munching critters.

Good luck with your new plant!

Linda

• luckykat13
    9 years ago

Twin Paul's Glories. 6 years old and 4 ft across. These guys have benn great performers in my garden. This is the first photo since major hail damage a month ago. They are filling in nicely. :)

• anniegolden
    9 years ago

Lucky - oooh, very nice. Please share more pictures of your gardens in the future.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Dick Ward, left, and Paul's Glory on the right. Uh oh, they're really planted too close together! Oh well...

Don B.

• almosthooked zone5
    9 years ago

This is my second Paul's glory and it grew very quickly too. I had another that I bought before I knew what the virus was. Yes it had it! It was luckily in a pot and never went into any gardens and I was sad to get rid of it .

Original Author
    9 years ago

Faye, I can see why you wouldn't want to be without one because it's beautiful. The colour combination in that photo is very pleasing to my eye!

Don, Dick Ward and Paul's Glory look like great pals! That has the makings of a beautiful friendship. :-)

LuckyKat, your amazing specimens are the anchors in your garden! Really lovely gardens.

Linda, that photo would do it for anybody! Gorgeous!

I can see that I made a good choice! Thank you for sharing your photos.

Jo

• Jon 6a SE MA
    9 years ago

A really nice hosta.

3rd year.

Jon

• hostahosta
    9 years ago

Lovely pics of PG. Mine is a dud. Third year, and not really doing much. Guess I haven't found the right spot for it. Does it prefer more sun? Mine is mostly shaded. Though pics above show PG in varying amounts of light.

• Glen4sure
    9 years ago

I purchased these Paul's Glory this month. In progress of making them a bed.

• Jon 6a SE MA
    9 years ago

HH,

A good few hours of morning sun, followed by dappled light with some afternoon sun late (after 5 PM). It is under a Pig Nut tree as well which is a good situation.

Jon

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living