Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mail order source for blue umbrella

Posted by philipw2 7 MD/DC (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 19:28

What would be a good source to order a few blue umbrella from.

I was thinking of planting them near some blue angels in some deep shade next to the patio to add some 3 dimensionality.

They will be in front of some hydrangea and next to a Goshiki.

Does that make sense? Is there a variegated or two colored one that would look good next to a blue angel and add that 3rd dimension?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mail order source for blue umbrella

As to where to find Hostas, look for Steve Greene's annual publication of 'Hosta Finder'.

Not even close to 100%, but the only choice other than an aWFUL lot of catalog gathering and reading.

HTH,

hh

o

You can get Blue Umbrellas at Hallson Gardens, link below. It's a go to source for online buying. As for a variegated or differently colored variety try Earth Angel or Guardian Angel if you've got the space. If you want a gold for the shade try Piedmont Gold.

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: Hallson Hostas - B

o

one of my best looking plants placed next to a blue is a Twilight...just makes each plant look better...

o

Hosta Finders says "Many Listings"

I Googled it and saw it at NH Hostas, Walters, and Perennial Nursery, which is of course Hallsons, and I'm sure you could check any other sources you normally shop and find it.

Oh yeah, there is another thread you need to look at, which has the conifers used with the hosta, and it could give you a third dimension and a different texture as well.

o
This is the thread.....

Here is the thread I mentioned above.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spilt Milk and friends

o

You can also get it at Land of the Giants hosta farm. They sell older introductions usually as divisions from mature plants. Price there is $15.
Bernd

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Umbrellas in LOTG hosta catalog

o

Land of the Giants sells it too

Here is a link that might be useful: LOTG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here